Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken Breast is an easy recipe for days when you’re too tired to cook a three-course meal. All you need is a handful of ingredients from your kitchen, and you’re good! This dish goes well with roasted or pan-seared vegetables or a bowl of salad. When accompanied with side dishes like these, roasted chicken breasts make for a full-filling meal that you can enjoy for lunch or dinners. So are you ready to make roasted chicken breasts within 25 minutes? Don’t wait! Read the recipe below.
Buy Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves freshly chopped
- Put the chicken breasts in a zip-lock bag. Add lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, oregano and salt. Seal the bag and coat the chicken well. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat the oven to 232° C. Take out the chicken from the bag and place it on a baking dish. Top these with lemon slices and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with salad or roasted vegetables.
To achieve the red-coloured roasted chicken, add a teaspoon of paprika along with the marinade.
Share your version of this recipe
What's your recipe for a roasted chicken – herbed marinade or saucy marinade? Share your version of the recipe with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if the chicken is cooked internally?
Use a kitchen thermometer to check the internal temperature – it should be around 73° C.
What can I add to give a little spicy touch to the herbed chicken?
You can add Italian seasoning or mixed herbs to your marinade if you don't want to add paprika.