Chicken provided over 90 per cent of the total 4 million metric tons of poultry meat consumed in the world in 2021, making it the most popular poultry meat on the planet. “Is chicken skin healthy?” is a question that every meat lover has on their mind. Many of us have been ignoring chicken skin for a long time, but we are unaware of the important chicken skin benefits.
Chicken skin, which contains most of the chicken’s fat, is one of the healthiest portions. We’ll learn about chicken skin nutrition, benefits, and numerous methods for getting crispy chicken skin in this article.
Chicken Skin Nutrition
The chicken skin is the outermost covering of the whole chicken, normally removed due to its high-fat content. However, it is a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, proteins, healthy and saturated fats, and other vitamins. Aside from the chicken skin nutrition values, nice crispy chicken skin also increases a dish’s flavour. As a result, the next time you cook chicken, try making a chicken with skin curry, which is delicious and nutritious.
Chicken skin is best served when it has been thoroughly fried. Therefore here is the recipe to obtain crispy chicken skin for your next meal.
How To Make Crispy Chicken Skin At Home?
Crispy chicken skin is an excellent appetiser for guests visiting your home for a celebration. It can be made in a matter of minutes without making a lot of mess in the kitchen. This dish requires a few ingredients and can be readily prepared by following the recipe below.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Chicken skin (from a whole chicken)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Pull the skin off of a full chicken with skin, pat it dry, and chop it into little pieces. Place the pieces on a lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Combine the pepper, salt, rosemary and thyme in a small bowl. Sprinkle some of the spice mixtures on the chicken skins.
- Cover the chicken skin with a second layer of baking paper and press it down to adhere to the pieces of chicken skin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the skins are crisp and golden. Remove the baking sheet and serve it with sauces while still hot.