Teriyaki recipes are a good option when looking for something easy and quick to prepare. Teriyaki is a delicious sweet and salty sauce that is used to make different types of dishes. Different teriyaki recipes like teriyaki chicken, teriyaki salmon and even teriyaki tofu are quite popular.
So, let’s pick one of the popular recipes that is a must-try—Teriyaki Chicken with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice.
Teriyaki Chicken with Bok Choy – What Is It?
The word teriyaki is made from a combination of two Japanese words. Teri means ‘shiny’ and yaki means ‘grilled.’ Traditionally, it’s a glaze made with soy sauce, mirin and sake.
Teriyaki Chicken with Bok Choy is a scrumptious recipe that’s made with chicken and bok choy. A delicious combination, this recipe can be made whenever you’re looking for a quick meal. Chicken, bok choy, garlic, rice and teriyaki sauce are the ingredients used to prepare teriyaki chicken with bok choy. Cornstarch is also used to thicken the sauce and give the chicken a nice colour. The dish is best served with vegetables during various occasions like birthdays, potlucks, family gatherings or any other occasion.
Buy Chicken Mini Bites From Licious
To prepare yummy teriyaki chicken with bok choy, order Licious Chicken Mini Bites which are super easy to make. The chicken breast has been cut into bite-sized pieces that you can easily add to any dish. The bites are perfect for making different recipes like salads, chicken popcorn, pizza, pasta, and more.
At Licious, our chicken is sourced from biosecure farms that are government-approved. All our meats, seafood, and chicken go through 150+ safety & quality checks before being approved for delivery. At Licious, we ensure that your meat is well-cleaned, cut, washed, and trimmed, so you can use it straight out of the pack for any recipe. To retain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ from sourcing to delivery. Now, you can enjoy the best recipes using fresh cuts from Licious.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 600 g of chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- ¾ cup of coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1½ cups of button mushrooms chop into quarters
- 1 to 2 heads of bok choy cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (optional_
- 2 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrots shredded
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- fresh cilantro
- Sesame oil
- In a pot, combine ¼ cups water, coconut milk, and rice. Cover the pot and cook well until the water is absorbed and the coconut rice is done. Keep aside.
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt. In a bowl, add the cornstarch and chicken. Coat well.
- Place a wok over medium-high heat and pour in the oil. Once hot, add the pieces of chicken and cook them until they are slightly browned. Do not cook the chicken completely. This would take around two to four minutes. Remove the pieces and keep them aside.
- In the same wok, add some more oil. Once hot, add the chopped garlic. Cook for about a minute till nice and fragrant. Add the mushrooms, carrots, and broccoli. Stir occasionally and cook till all the vegetables are soft.
- Now, add the teriyaki sauce, chicken, and bok choy. Cook well. Once everything is completely cooked, remove and pour in 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- In individual plates or bowls, add the coconut rice and top with teriyaki bok choy. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Order our fresh Chicken Mini Bites to cook this delicious Teriyaki Chicken with Bok Choy. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!