Thai cuisine is focused on meals that are light, but aromatic and spicy. Traditional Thai food recipes are a unique amalgamation of five key flavours- sour, bitter, salty, sweet and spicy. The recipes also have the right balance of meat, vegetables, rice and noodles. Here we share a Thai Fish Curry recipe that you can make at home. Succulent pieces of fish are cooked in a rich Thai curry sauce with spices. The curry is quick to make and can be prepared in about 30 minutes. Check out the recipe below.
Buy Indian Salmon (Rawas) Medium – Steaks online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- ½ cup fresh cilantro stems and leaves chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 4 green onions sliced, including green stems
- 1 inch thumb-sized ginger grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp regular chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 fresh red chilli minced
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- A handful of fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup green beans sliced
- 3-4 salmon fillets or steaks cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium tomato cut into small pieces
- 1-2 tbsps Lemon Juice
For Curry Paste
For Fish Curry
- Take a blender or a food processor. Add all the curry paste ingredients such as cilantro stems and leaves, coconut milk, green onions, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, brown sugar, ground turmeric and fresh red chilli. Blend these ingredients into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Take a large wok and heat it over medium heat. Add bay leaves and bring the curry paste to a gentle boil.
- To the simmering curry, add the mushrooms and green beans. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Gently add the fish cubes and tomatoes into the curry. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes more until the fish is cooked. Make a taste test and add the required sweet, salty or sour ingredients. Sprinkle some chopped coriander. Add it to a bowl and serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Recipe Tip If shrimp paste is available, then you can replace 1 tablespoon of shrimp sauce with the fish sauce and add it to the curry. Share your version of this recipe How do you make Thai Fish Curry at home? What ingredients do you use for the curry paste? Share your version with us! Frequently Asked Questions Can I add Thai Markut Lime Leaves to this recipe? Yes. You can replace bay leaves with Markut Lime leaves. Can I add more vegetables to this recipe? Yes. You can add any vegetables of your choice to this recipe.