Fish is an excellent source of protein and unsaturated fatty acids, particularly omega-3 fatty acids. Given the variety of fishes available, it is crucial to know the nutrients they offer. This article covers information about the freshwater pomfret fish, popularly called the butterfish or yeri fish. It is well-known for its delicious flavour. Learn the benefits of eating pomfret and add it to your dinner routine.
Fresh Water Pomfret / Yeri Vaval benefit
Yeri fish is high in calcium, vitamins D, A, and B (particularly vitamin B12, necessary for the neurological system). It contains iodine, which is essential for the thyroid gland. Pomfret fish has many health advantages. People believe it promotes overall body growth, improves memory, and strengthens the body.
When it comes to flavour, both kids and adults are sure to love this fish. Pomfret fish has a hint of sweetness, which is accentuated by its delicate texture. Many chefs agree that the sweetness of pomfret fish allows it to be used in a broad range of cuisines.
Why should you eat pomfret?
Popularly known as “Butterfish”, the exquisite, sweet, and delicate tastes of the pomfret fish are among the most desired fish in India and Southeast Asia. The “non-fishy” taste with fewer bones makes it a great treat for youngsters too!
Wish to know more about Yeri Vaval Fish? Then read on to find detailed nutritional information and benefits of pomfret fish.
Benefits of pomfret fish
- The lean protein present in pomfret is believed to help maintain cardiovascular health.
- The omega-3 fatty acids present may play a vital role in preventing blood clotting in the body.
- These fatty acids also help decrease tissue inflammation and relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- Studies show that Omega-3 fatty acids may help in the prevention of depression in the elderly.
Pomfret Fish Nutrition
- Enhances Vision – Fish is beneficial to our eyes and memory. The omega-3 fatty acid protects the eye and helps minimise fuzzy vision. Fish also includes retinol, which is particularly excellent for improving eyesight.
- Joint Pain Relief – Seafood is excellent for strengthening our bones. Pomfret fish has vitamin D and calcium, which is good for our bones.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D found in aquatic foods, such as freshwater pomfret, may help bone growth and development. Vitamin D aids in the rejuvenation of our skin cells.
With all the above-listed Yeri Vaval fish benefits, you must be planning to include this fish more often in your diet, right? Read on to know how to source the best quality Yeri fish online.
The benefits of pomfret fish that you read above can only be obtained from high-quality fish. The yeri fish is best when you get them fresh. We at Licious procure our fish and seafood from government-approved local fishing boats every day. Our products go through 150+ quality checks, after which they are cut, cleaned, and hygienically vacuum-packed by experts. The meat is kept at a constant temperature of 0–4°C at every stage to maintain freshness. As a result, your fish is always fresh, never frozen.
You can enjoy cooking with excellent quality fish. Whether you prepare spicy Pomfret Tawa fry, tandoori Pomfret, Bengali pomfret fish curry, or Mangalorean fish curry, you will relish the fresh taste of this fish in every bite.