Fed up of the regular roasted chicken on bread? Add a twist to the recipe and turn it into Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken! A low-carb alternative to your traditional bruschetta, this recipe uses seasoned chicken as the base instead of bread. Interesting, right? Take a look at the following recipe.
Buy Chicken Breasts online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 Chicken Breasts large boneless
- 3 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 4 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh basil shredded
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- salt to taste
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic, oil and salt. In a non-stick pan, add a few drops of oil and pan-sear the seasoned chicken on medium-high heat. Cook until brown on both sides for about 6 minutes. Let it rest.
- Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl. In a saucepan, boil vinegar and sugar together over high heat. Switch the flame to low heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Top each chicken breast with the topping mixture and cheese. Serve with the balsamic glaze.
You can also use butter for pan-searing the seasoned chicken breasts.
Share your version of this recipe
What are your favourite toppings for bruschetta chicken? We would like to know. So, share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What herbs can I use if Italian seasoning isn't available?
You can use a mix of dried oregano, basil, and coriander powder instead of Italian seasoning.
Can I skip sugar in the glaze?
Yes. You can avoid the sugar and simmer the vinegar on low heat directly for about 12-15 minutes until it reduces.