Who doesn’t love a good steak? It is one of the most flavorful, juicy, and delicious meals that has satisfied the hunger pangs of many for generations. If you’re looking for a good steak recipe, a Chicken Fried Steak may interest you. This dish has an added element of crispiness that elevates it to another level. We’ve put together an easy-to-understand recipe that can be made with the ingredients you already possess. Follow this recipe to make the best chicken fried steaks at home.
What is Fried Chicken Steak?
The fried chicken steak recipe originates from the Southern part of America, where steaks are an absolute favourite and is loved by kids and adults alike. The steak is very much fried in the same way as it is done for fried chicken. However, the chicken steak recipe is very different from the fried chicken recipe as it has multiple variations in its ingredients.
The chicken steak ingredients consist of boneless chicken coated with a flour and spice mixture. It is then deep fried in oil till it turns golden brown. There are also many variants of the recipe that make use of gravy. It adds to the recipe’s charm and makes it all the more delectable. The recipe can be prepared in under an hour and excludes any extravagant preparations.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious recipe for lunch and dinner, this one might work wonders for you.
Chicken Breast Fillet – Thinly Sliced
At Licious, we deliver fresh meats & seafood to your doorstep including a host of speciality cuts that you won’t find anywhere else except on our website. One such cut is our Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast Fillets. Our expert meat technicians cut and clean chicken breasts before cutting them down the middle to create a thinner fillet that cooks evenly and faster. the chicken is then hygienically vacuum-packed and should not be washed before you use it.
Our chicken is passed through more than 150 safety & quality tests and is free from antibiotic-residues and hormones. We source our chickens from biosecure farms and ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4 °C at every stage for freshness.
If you’re looking for a boneless chicken filet, order from our website by tapping on the button below.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- Licious Chicken Breast Fillet Thinly Sliced
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- 1 large egg
- Salt - to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups Vegetable oil for frying
- Add the flour to a bowl and set it aside.
- In another bowl add baking soda and powder, salt, and pepper and combine them well.
- To these dry ingredients, add the buttermilk, hot chilli sauce, egg, and garlic and combine well making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the 3 cups of oil to a pan for deep frying on medium heat.
- Take the chicken steak and dip it in flour. Then, coat it in the buttermilk mixture and once more in the flour.
- Once done, start frying the steaks till they turn golden brown.
- Place the cooked steaks on paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Enjoy! Serve it with a side of salad and fries for extra indulgence.
If you liked this recipe, you should try it at home and share your pictures on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious. We would love to see you trying and enjoying one of our recipes.