Chicken in white gravy takes your regular gravy, a notch higher. It starts with a yoghurt base which adds the white colour. The onion-ginger-garlic mix keeps a check on the flavours, while the succulent chicken pieces complete the wholesome meal. All of it, in just 30 minutes. Isn’t that exciting? So, let’s look at this flavourful dish.
Buy Chicken Curry Cut online on Licious. Explore our website for other fresh chicken products such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 300 gms whole chicken
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 3 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp White pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 1 Cinnamon powder
- 1-2 cups water
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Place a pressure cooker on medium heat and add butter to it. Add sliced onions, cardamoms, cinnamon powder to the cooker and let it cook until the onion turns golden brown. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté the mixture for a few minutes.
- Once the raw smell goes away, pour in the yoghurt and mix well. Now, add the chicken pieces to the cooker and season it with salt and white pepper powder. Combine everything thoroughly and add water to the cooker. Close the lid and let the chicken cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with naan, roti or steamed rice.
For a thicker consistency, mix 1 tablespoon of cornflour in water and add it to the gravy.
Share your version of this recipe
Got another way to cook chicken in white gravy? Do share your style or variation with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh cream to prepare chicken in white gravy?
Yes, you can use fresh cream to prepare the chicken in white gravy. But remember to add more water, in case the gravy becomes too thick.
Can I cook the chicken in white gravy, in a pan?
Yes, you can cook the chicken in white gravy, in a deep-bottomed pan.