Chicken is a rich source of proteins and vitamin B12, and when a zing of antioxidant-rich ginger is added to it, the result is an exciting and nutritious dish. It is not just the nutrients, but also the distinct flavour that makes this dish a hit. Intrigued? Read on to know more.
Buy Boneless Chicken Curry Cuts online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Thighs and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken
- 2- inch ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- ½f cup fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 Medium onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, half the coriander, lemon juice and a tablespoon of oil. Mix well, cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours. If possible, marinate the chicken either in the morning of the same day or overnight.
- In a wok or deep bottomed pan, heat oil and add onions. Stir-fry them for about 8 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in the turmeric and cook for another 1 minute while continuously stirring.
- Pour the marinated chicken along with the marinade and cook on high flame. Once the chicken changes colour, add the coconut milk, red chilli and chicken stock. Stir well, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Add the remaining coriander and serve hot with pulao or naan.
For this recipe, you can also use chicken thighs or drumsticks.
Share your version of this recipe
Our variation of ginger chicken was full of Indian flavours. But, some people love to add in a touch of other Asian flavours too. How do you make this dish? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions What can I add instead of the chicken stock cube?
Chicken stock cube is used to add a distinct flavour to the recipe. However, if the chicken stock cube isn't available, use a quarter cup of the chicken broth or water.
How can I make coconut milk at home?
Blend half a fresh coconut with some lukewarm water and strain to get a smooth consistency of coconut milk.