Marinated with Greek yoghurt and a handful of spices, this Greek chicken recipe has robust flavour! You can enjoy it on its own as a late-night dinner or serve it as a starter at parties. It is an easy recipe that doesn’t require much effort. To know how to make Greek chicken, read on.
Buy Chicken Drumsticks and Chicken Thighs online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh chicken options such as Chicken Liver, Chicken Leg and Curry cuts and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious
|Prep Time||8 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1.25 kg chicken drumsticks and thighs bone-in and skin-on
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 ½ tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- Combine all the ingredients except chicken in a mixing bowl. Mix well and then add the chicken to the marinade. Coat evenly and let it rest for at least 3 hours. (If possible, marinate overnight)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place the chicken on the rack (do not discard the marinade). Bake the chicken for about 30 minutes and then remove from the oven. Brush the marinade on the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Before serving, let it rest for a few minutes.
- Garnish with oregano and serve with plain Greek yoghurt.
If you're using boneless chicken breasts or thighs, it is better to cook them on the stove for about 4-6 minutes on each side.
Share your version of this recipe
What's the speciality of your Greek chicken? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days can the Greek chicken be stored?
Greek Chicken can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Are the time and temperature same for baking chicken breasts?
No. You can bake chicken breasts at 200° C for about 20 minutes.