Halwa Fish is a high-protein, healthful and delightful food that is particularly vital for its omega-3 fatty acids, which are necessary for health but which our bodies do not create on their own. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for heart and brain function and lower inflammation and the risk of heart disease. However, because different fish kinds have varying nutrient content, you must consider which fish is best to consume.
Here’s an assortment of the healthiest Indian fish varieties and why you must have them.
Which fish is good for your health?
- Salmon – All varieties of salmon include omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for your heart. This fish is also high in vitamin D and calcium. The protein in Indian salmon, also known as Rawas, helps the body maintain a healthy metabolism, which aids weight reduction.
- Mahi Mahi – Mahi-mahi is a tropical firm fish that can withstand practically any recipe. Mahi-Mahi finger and fillet fries are well-known for their soft texture, delectable flavour, and flaky creaminess. It is occasionally mistaken for the mammal dolphin since it is sometimes known as dolphinfish. But don’t worry, they’re not the same.
- Mackerel – Bangda, or Indian Mackerel, is high in Omega 3 and Selenium, beneficial to your cardiovascular health.
- Sardines – Sardine is making its way onto several superfood lists for a valid reason. It contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids per serve and is one of just a few foods that are naturally high in vitamin D. Sardines are the common name for many fish in the herring family. It’s also one of the few naturally high foods in calcium.
- Pomfret (Pamphlet) – Pomfret, also known as Indian butterfish, is a variety of butterfish found throughout South Asia, including the Indian Ocean. This fish has a delicious flavour and is high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids.
The various kinds of Pomfret are silver, white, and black Pomfret, also known as Halwa fish. All these types of Pomfret hold unique nutritional properties. Black Pomfret is one of a kind and imparts a rich taste when cooked fresh. But Is halwa fish good for health? Let’s look at some of the significant Halwa fish health benefits and how to prepare it in many delicious ways –
Halwa Fish benefits –
- 2 types of omega-3 fatty acids are particularly abundant in Pomfret.
- Pomfret fish contains Vitamin D.
With these Halwa fish nutrition facts plus the irresistible, buttery taste of halwa fish, you’re bound to enjoy this nutritious and wonderful fish.
You can prepare spicy pomfret curry with onion and grated coconut creamy gravy. Goan Halwa curry made with coriander seeds, tamarind, red chillies and peppercorns, turmeric, and coconut can also tantalise your taste buds. Indian black pomfret fry using Halwa fish fillet can be a lip-smacking appetiser. You may fry freshwater halwa fish with garam masala powder, Rawa (semolina), black pepper, salt, lemon juice, and garlic powder or roast, grill, bake and barbecue it with the same or other ingredients of your choice.
Order Fresh Fish Online At Best Price
On Licious, we stock Whole Black Pomfret as well as steaks. Our fish and seafood are caught fresh daily and delivered within 24 hours. Our expert meat technicians cut and clean the fish so you don’t have to. It is then vacuum-packed and delivered to your doorstep. Don’t hesitate to order always fresh, never frozen pomfret from our website and make delicious dishes.
Don’t forget to share recipe pics with us on Instagram with #MadeWithLicious to win Licious Cash and be featured on your page. Let us know in the comments how you enjoyed this read.