What’s better than grilling and savouring hotdogs on a cosy day with family and friends, right? Hotdogs are incredibly delicious and their versatility has no bounds. Of course, they are mostly enjoyed with the classic combination of ketchup and mustard sauce like we see on television, but there are many more options than just this combo. You can combine a plethora of your favourite ingredients into a hotdog and love every bite.
The secret to indulging in the best hotdog recipe lies in the freshness of the sausages used. And with the growing demand to spice up this dish, you can choose to add flavoured sausages instead of the classic ones. At Licious, you can find a variety of sausages seasoned with different spices that are delicious:
- Smoked Chicken Frankfurters
- Chicken Chorizo Frankfurter
- Chicken Sausage with Thyme & Cheese
- Chicken Frankfurter with Paprika & Cheese
- Chicken & Cranberry Sausage
- Chicken Sausage with Pimento & Cheese
- Classic Chicken Nuremberger
- Classic Chicken Breakfast Sausages
Our range of sausages is made from fresh ingredients & spices by experienced chefs using gourmet recipes. Our sausages contain no added artificial preservatives or flavours and can be delivered to your doorstep within 90 minutes.
What is Hotdog and Is Hotdog A Healthy Food?
Many may consider hotdogs to be an unhealthy food to add to a diet. However, when eaten in moderation and combined with healthy ingredients, it can definitely be a good choice to add to a diet once in a while. So much so, that hotdogs are approved to be consumed in space by astronauts! In fact, hot dogs happen to be one of the first foods to be consumed on the moon! What’s more?
- It has been recorded that President Franklin D. Roosevelt served this delicious dish to Queen Elizabeth and King George and the king happily enjoyed two servings.
- Frankfurt in Germany is considered to be the place of origin for a hot dog and the city celebrated the dish’s 500th birthday in 1987.
- Joey Chestnut is the person who broke the record of eating 74 hot dogs in 10 minutes in 2018 and 76 hot dogs in 10 minutes in 2021.
- Popular animated character Mickey Mouse said “Hot Dog!” first on screen.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- Any Licious Chicken Sausage
- 4 Sweet Hot Dog buns
- 2 cups fresh pineapple finely diced
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 4 tbsp Lime juice
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Take a bowl and add the pineapples, onion, 3 tbsp lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients well and set aside.
- Take another bowl and add the mayonnaise along with sriracha, 1 tbsp lime juice and salt. Whisk the ingredients properly and set aside.
- Take a grill pan and heat on medium flame.
- Cut the hot dog buns in half and toast the insides at your desired temperature. Use little butter if you wish to. Set aside.
- Grill the sausages on all sides for about 3 minutes each.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the buns on both sides.
- Place the grilled sausages in the buns and generously top them with the pineapple salsa.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired before serving.
Do not forget to try this simple yet amazing hot dog recipe at home and impress your friends and family during get-togethers. It also makes for a wonderful kid's snack. Also, don’t miss to tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.