Sushi conjures up vivid images of fancy dishes and even fancier monikers. Spider roll, fire-breathing dragon roll, California spicy roll – all drool-worthy names, right? And ones that always make you search for “best sushi near me” on your smartphones. But what if we told you that you could make it restaurant-quality right at home. With the stuff you already have handy – no fancy paraphernalia. Other than, maybe, a simple bamboo mat. Like we said, nothing fancy.
And we will tell you exactly how to go about creating your sushi dish. Keep reading until you get to our simple yet exciting recipe! Add another feather, or should we say fin, to your home cook cap!
Licious Tuna Sushi
Tuna is a mackerel-like fish. Bluefin tuna, with its meaty red loins that are sliced into steaks or split into short strips for sushi, is the most important type of tuna from a culinary standpoint. It’s used in salads, tartare, burgers, and pasta meals, among other things. If you are going to make sushi with raw fish, make sure it’s best quality. Buy fresh Tuna or Salmon online from Licious and have them delivered to your home.
It is critical to use fresh ingredients when making this cuisine. With Licious our meats & seafood are always fresh, never frozen. Our fish & seafood is caught daily and delivered within 24 hours. Additionally, our fish contains no added chemicals, is temperature-controlled for freshness and cut & cleaned by experts.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- ⅔ cup white rice (ensure it is uncooked)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 4 sheets nori seaweed sheets
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cucumber (cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- Licious Tuna - Boneless Cubes
- Bring 1 and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for nearly 15-20 minutes. Combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small mixing bowl. Stir this mixture into the rice as it cooks.
- Preheat the oven to 150℃. Heat nori (seaweed) for 1 to 2 minutes on a medium baking sheet in a preheated oven until warm.
- On a bamboo sushi mat, place one sheet of nori in the centre. Wet your hands with water. After that, you need to put a thin layer of rice on the nori sheet with your palms and create a thin layer. In the centre of the rice, you can take pieces of avocado, ginger, cucumber, and chunks of tuna in a line. Lift the mat's end and roll it over the components, gently pushing down. To make a complete roll, roll it forward. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices.
Important Tips to Remember
Here are the crucial tips to remember during sushi preparation:
- Using cling wrap on the mat prevents rice from sticking to the mat.
- To avoid excessive stickiness, immerse your fingers in cold water before handling the rice.
- Make sure each sheet doesn't have too much rice on it. Achieve a good balance between the rice and the other fillings.
- You should be able to get 8 pieces out of one roll (without the cut-offs) for a total of 40 pieces, making this ideal for 4 to 5 people.
- Each sushi roll measures 7 inches (17 cm) in length.
So that was our quick homemade sushi dish recipe with plenty of practical tips and tricks to help you roll like a master.
Want to win exciting cash rewards? If so, all you need to do is simply try this dish and tag us with #MadeWithLicious on Instagram for a chance to win Licious cash. Hurry, get cooking!