Makkai is an Indian term for corn, while shorba means a rich stew. It’s a yummy recipe that you must try. Murgh Makkai Shorba is an easy and delicious soup recipe that’s perfect for those cold winter days. It’s a healthy recipe that can be prepared anytime within minutes. This comforting soup is made with corn, condiments, and spices. It’s then served hot with cooked and diced chicken for the best taste and flavour. Enjoy this soup on its own for a light dinner or an appetizer before a meal.
Traditionally, shorba is a Persian dish made by simmering meat with salt and spices in boiling water. However, over the years, shorba has undergone many changes and multiple vegetarian shorba dishes surfaced.
The shorba is a soup rich in flavours. The sweets of the corn along with spices add to the flavour and taste of the dish. Carrots are also added to the dish to make the soup healthier.
This easy shorba recipe is one of the best Indian shorba recipes when you’re looking to have something light and healthy. It’s a perfect recipe that can be enjoyed as an appetizer as well. You can also pair this recipe with salads or rolls for a filling meal at home.
Make sure to try this warm Murgh Makkai Shorba recipe to enjoy with your family this winter. So go ahead and check out this shorba recipe below and follow it step-by-step to make this rich flavourful soup without hassle. You could even add more vegetables to this recipe if you’re looking to make it healthier.
Buy Licious Chicken Breast
To prepare this comforting soup recipe at home, try our Licious Chicken Breast. These are cut from the breast bone and can be used for any recipe. These chicken breast cuts are skinless and have a supple texture. Simply apply a flavourful spice rub and bake, grill, slow cook, or pan-fry these breast pieces for the best taste!
Licious chicken comes from hens raised on restricted biosecurity zones and hand selected after weight and age calibration. 100% free of antibiotic residue and hormones, all our meats & seafood at Licious go through 150+ quality checks to ensure you get the best meat and seafood delivered to your home. Our meat experts cut, clean, and hygienically vacuum-pack the meat, making it ready to use. To maintain freshness, our products are never frozen, and we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage.
So, order our Licious Chicken Breast to make this yummy Shorba Recipe at home.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Makkai Shorba | Murgh Shorba Recipe How To Make| Makai Ka Shorba Spiced Corn Soup
- cup ½sweet corn
- 30 grams of chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1 Clove
- cup ¼chopped onion
- 1- inch Cinnamon
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- cup ¼cubed carrots
- tsp ¼cumin powder
- tsp ½coriander seeds powder
- 3 cups of water
- pinch Aof turmeric powder
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- leaves Chopped corianderto garnish
- Take a non-stick pan, and heat the oil. Add the cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, and onions. Cook well until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the cubed carrots, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder, and cook for about three to four minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, three cups of water, and salt. Simmer for around 15 minutes until the sweet corn is well-cooked.
- Cool down completely and transfer to a blender. Make a smooth puree of the soup and transfer the mixture back into the pan.
- Bring the soup to a boil, and garnish with diced chicken and coriander leaves. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Order our fresh Chicken Breast from our website to cook this delicious Murgh Makkai Shorba recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!