The Sankara fish has numerous names in different regions of India. It is known as pahari in some regions, while it is known as ranga or murumereen in other regions. Globally, it is known as the red snapper. The Sankara fish is quite popular in south India, and it is used in various curries there. It is also grilled or fried. This delicious fish is rare but highly flavourful as well as healthy. If you love to try different varieties of fish, then you should try Sankara fish recipes!
Sankara Fish: Characteristics
As mentioned above, this variety of fish is quite rare in India. Hence, not many are familiar with its physical characteristics. Let’s find out:
- The Sankara fish is mainly found in the Atlantic ocean and is flavourful and tender.
- It has reddish or pinkish skin.
- The skin of this fish is flaky and sweet.
Additionally, there are many Sankara fish benefits that you may or may not be aware of.
What are the Sankara Fish Health Benefits?
When you hear the name Sankara fish, the first question that may pop into your mind is: Is Sankara fish good for your health? There are numerous Sankara fish nutrition facts that you need to know:
The Sankara fish consists of high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains vitamin D, vitamin E, selenium, magnesium, other minerals, and a significant amount of protein as well as potassium.
Baked Red Snapper Fish Recipe
Waiting to try the Sankara fish recipe? Here’s one for you:
For the ingredients:
- 2 Licious red snapper fillets
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 lemons
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 ½ tsp chopped parsley or basil
To make the dish:
- Take all the ingredients together. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice one lemon into 8 pieces. Arrange the cut slices on a baking sheet, in two rows.
- Take the remaining lemon and grate it.
- Place one fillet on each row of lemon slices on the baking sheet.
- Take salt, paprika and pepper and sprinkle them over the fish. Make sure you coat each fillet well.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the fish is completely cooked.
- Allow the softened butter to melt over the fish, and garnish with basil or parsley. Serve hot.
Get Red Snapper Fish Today
At Licious, you do not have to worry about quality. All our products go through more than 150 quality checks. To maintain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4°C, so we can guarantee our meats and seafood are always fresh, never frozen. Instead of waking up early and heading to the wet market, order fish and seafood that is caught daily and delivered within 24 hours from our website.
We hope you’ve found this article helpful. If you decide to give this recipe a go, snap a few pics and share them on Instagram using the #MadeWithLicious hashtag, and you just might win some Licious Cash.