Prawns can be found in both freshwater and seawater. There are many varieties that differ in size, colour and taste. Prawns are a favourite among seafood and health enthusiasts for their various nutritional benefits. Prawns are low in calories and high in protein, a great addition to any diet. Vitamin D, vitamin B3, and zinc are all abundant in them. Prawns are also high in iron and unsaturated fats. Plus, they can be used in a variety of delicious dishes, are kid-friendly and super easy to prepare.
Kadai prawns are one of the best Indian prawn recipes. This article will look at a simple prawns kadai masala recipe that you can make at home in no time!
Origin Of Kadai Prawns Recipe Indian
One of the most common types of prawns found in Indian waters is the Indian prawn. It quickly became a popular seafood meal in Kerala and Karnataka because of its widespread availability in southern India. Then, to make a semi-gravy dish, people started cooking prawns with local spices, tomatoes, and onions. This resulted in the development of kadai prawns, popular throughout India as a delicious dinner meal today.
Best Cuts For Kadai Prawns
There’s no denying it, fresh prawns are the way to go. However, waking up early to head down to the wet market can be tough. Instead, visit our website, order fresh prawns from the comfort of your own home and enjoy speedy home delivery.
Licious prawns are caught daily and delivered within 24 hours after being passed through 150+ safety & quality checks, cut & cleaned by experts and vacuum-packed. Furthermore, to maintain freshness we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃ at every stage. Our prawns are also free of added chemicals. We have a wide range for you to choose from, so be sure to check it out by clicking on the button below.
Authentic Indian Prawn Kadai Masala Recipe
Kadai Prawns are a simple and delicious dish that may be highly expensive when ordered in a restaurant but will be both cheaper and healthier when made at home. It’s a semi-gravy dish that goes well with both chapati and rice, so prepare this flavorful dish at home with the kadai prawns recipe below.
|Prep Time||50 minutes|
- ½ kg Freshwater Prawns
- 7 pieces dried red chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 pieces Slit green chilli
- 2 pieces Tomato
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin powder - ¼ tsp
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- ¼ tsp Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt - to taste
- To prepare the purée, soak the dry red chillies in water for about 10 minutes and then blend with the tomatoes.
- Next, heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and the onions, and cook until the onions are golden brown.
- Then, add in the ginger/garlic, green chillies and other spices and cook until the raw smell dissipates. You can add a small amount of water to prevent the spices from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Place the cleaned Freshwater Prawns into the pan.
- Add a cup of water and coriander leaves.
- Cook for around 20 minutes, or until the curry thickens.
- Your kadai prawns are ready to serve with steamed or jeera rice.
Conclusion Prawns are one of the healthiest seafood options for meals and snacks at home. Kadai prawns may be readily prepared at home for special occasions and celebrations, so follow the kadai prawns recipe and surprise your family members. Take some mouthwatering photos of your version of kadai prawns and share them on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious cash.