There’s nothing more wholesome and delicious than a warm bowl of seafood. It is comforting and, at the same time, nutritious. The internet is filled with various simple healthy seafood recipes that are perfect to be enjoyed any day with your favourite carbs on the side.
If you want to indulge in some tasty bowls of seafood this weekend, Licious is here to deliver you fresh seafood. Our seafood reaches the Licious facility in our temperature-controlled vehicles within 18 hours of being caught, which are then cleaned and cut the same day. We source our fish and seafood from approved local fishing boats every day and immediately chill the day’s catch to below 4°C to maintain freshness. These temperature controls are maintained throughout processing, right up to delivery. We do not freeze the seafood to ensure the natural taste and texture are preserved.
So, what are you waiting for? Check out our amazing range of Seafood and fish items that can be delivered to your home to cook your favourite seafood dish, or make one from our many recipes given below.
Which is the Most Healthy Seafood and Why?
When it comes to seafood, you can always find a wide variety that boasts rich nutritional benefits. From providing your body with protein and vitamins to Omega-3 fatty acids and minerals. Some of the health advantages of eating seafood, backed by science, include:
- Fish & seafood are rich sources of phosphorus and calcium.
- They contain important minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium and potassium.
- They are a good source of protein.
- Seafood is also an excellent source of Vitamin D.
How to Make Healthy Seafood Recipes at home?
You can make various seafood recipes at home that are healthy and can be quickly prepared. The seafood recipes are many, from the humble fish curries that are famous across India to herbed and baked prawns or fish. Here, we have for you an even simpler recipe that is not only healthy but delicious and nutritious – the seafood salad.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 250 grams of Licious Boneless Fish Cubes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup yellow red and green peppers (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olives
- 1 tbsp peanuts roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- leaves Fresh coriander and basilto garnish
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Seasoning as per taste
- Whether you pick fish, shrimp, prawns or squids, ensure that they are boiled/steamed till they are just cooked. Do not overcook any of the seafood items.
- Take a pan, and once it is slightly heated, add butter.
- Add the onion, mushroom and peppers into the pan and sauté them nicely for two minutes on low flame. Put the pan aside.
- Take a big bowl and add the tomato, cucumber, olives and peanuts, along with the sautéed vegetables, and mix nicely.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and seasoning (of your choice) and mix them well.
- Add the fresh coriander and basil leaves to garnish.
- Enjoy this healthy bowl of salad.
Do try the recipe at home and share a picture by tagging us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.