Let’s delve into a bit of history. The term “sausage” is derived from the Middle English sausage, which is derived from sal, the Latin word for salt. They are known as saucissons in France and wurst in Germany. They were initially created as a tasty method to preserve meat. Chicken sausages have become a popular meaty meal in Western nations. Chicken sausages have made their way to Indian meals in various ways like chicken sausage sandwiches, salads and pasta. Spicy, creamy and delectable baked pasta with chicken sausage can be a truly inviting meal any time of the day!
Chicken Sausages with Cheese and Thyme
We all love chicken sausages with cheese. However, getting fresh chicken sausages enriched with equally fresh cheese is quite a task. But what if you get incredibly fresh and tender chicken sausages already boosted with flavourful thyme and cheese? Well, we at Licious understand your love for supremely delectable chicken sausages with cheese. Get super tender chicken sausages from Licious that are crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside once cooked. They make an excellent breakfast choice and are equally enjoyable evening treats with your loved ones. This sound source of protein is free of artificial preservatives or chemicals and is artisanally batch crafted to give you the perfect sausages.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 200 g of Penne Pasta
- Licious Chicken Sausages with Thyme and Cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 diced courgette/Zucchini
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 70 g of sliced mushrooms
- 400 g passata Uncooked tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- black pepper
- 100 g spinach
- 10 g fresh basil
- 50 g mozzarella
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the chicken sausages to the pan.
- Allow 5 minutes to brown the sausage
- Remove the sausages from the pan and put them aside after they are done.
- Continue to cook by adding the onion and garlic to the pan.
- Keep stirring for 3 minutes constantly.
- Cook for another 4 minutes after adding the courgette/zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper to the pan.
- Stir in the diced sausages, oregano, passata, thyme, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar
- Drain the pasta and set aside 50ml of the cooking water.
- Mix in the drained pasta and pasta water in the pan.
- Mix in the basil and spinach.
- Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
You may modify the recipe of baked penne pasta with sausage and include your choice of pasta sauce or veggies.
Here are a few tips that you may consider for your pizza pasta baked with sausage:
- For this recipe, you can use veg options like peppers and mushrooms, leafy greens like spinach. You may also add courgette, sweetcorn and aubergine—try to stick to softer veg rather than root veggies like carrots since they will cook faster.
- For added freshness, throw some cherry tomatoes on top at the exact moment as the cheese. They offer small bursts of juiciness as you eat a spoonful.
- Reserve a bit of the pasta water to add to the sauce to make it smooth and silky. Baked pasta dishes with sausages, of course, include the vital layer of cheese.
- You can use whatever cheese you want here, and it's an excellent way to use up a few different varieties of cheese you may have left in the fridge. A mix of cheddar, mozzarella and goat's cheese works wonderfully. Or feta! Which always works.
- Try out the baked Pasta Alfredo with sausage recipe by getting high-quality and delectable chicken sausages from Licious.
As you enjoy the dish, tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.