“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, or sauté it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan-fried, deep-fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.”
– Bubba (Forest Gump)
If you have watched this popular 1994 classic, Forest Gump, you must be aware of this important scene from the movie. As Bubba said, you can prepare shrimp in various ways, and whether you barbeque, bake or simply sauté them, they are delicious. Moreover, shrimp can be enjoyed with a variety of bread and rice, including naan, chapatti, tandoori roti, fresh bread, and jeera rice, depending upon the type of dish you are preparing.
Licious offers an exceptional range of shrimp or seegadi that are fresh and perfect for preparing your favourite dishes. From flower shrimp in sizes small and medium to brown shrimp and witch shrimp, all the items to prepare a delicious Bubba Gump Shrimpdish will be delivered straight to your doorstep. What makes our range of shrimp different from the rest is the fact that they are caught fresh every day, cleaned, and passed through 150+ quality and safety checks before being vacuum-packed. This ensures complete cleanliness and hygiene of the orders you place so you can use them as received to prepare your dish.
So, prepare a lip-smacking Forrest Gump Stir Fried Shrimp Recipe with fresh, pre-cleaned shrimp from Licious today.
What is the Forrest Gump Stir Fried Shrimp Recipe?
In the movie Forrest Gump, you will come across a beautiful scene where Forest Gump and his army friend Bubba, are seen having a conversation about the versatilities of shrimp and how it can be cooked in various ways.
Capturing this essence of the American movie, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. was invented to serve delicious, made-from-the-scratch, Southern-style comfort shrimp dishes in a variety of ways. And taking inspiration from the silver screen and this restaurant, you can find an Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe that is not only tasty but super quick to make.
Here’s some interesting trivia about the dish:
- The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. was established in 1996 in Monterey, California, and to date, it is the first and only casual restaurant inspired by a motion picture property.
- Diners at the restaurant are occupied with fun Forrest Gump trivia right at their table.
- The restaurant also offers various merchandise, including the film’s popular dialogue “Run Forrest Run” t-shirts!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 500 grams of Licious Flower Shrimp/ Seegadi Medium
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 zucchinis cut into cubes
- ½ cup corn
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a pan and add butter and olive oil
- Add the prawns and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add zucchini to the same pan and stir for a few seconds on a high flame.
- Add corn and cook for a minute. Set the vegetables on one side of the pan and add tomatoes. Saute for 1 minute, and add salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the same pan and stir the ingredients for about a minute.
- Put them on a plate and garnish them with fresh basil, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with rice or pasta.
Do not forget to try this Quick Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe at home and tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious!