Shrimp recipes are always a favourite when it comes to seafood. Shrimp dishes are a popular choice in restaurants and homes because of their delicious taste and flavour. Since shrimp are easy to cook, they are the perfect choice for quick meals or snacks. They are great to eat on their own or served as a side item with other dishes. There are a wide variety of unique shrimp dishes from around the world that you can try for any occasion. They are an excellent choice for parties, festivals, and family get-togethers or prepared as weekend or weekday delicacies.
If you are someone who loves trying out different shrimp recipes, here is a unique walnut shrimp recipe that you must try! It’s a sweet and crunchy recipe that you can make at home.
What Is Honey Walnut Shrimp?
Glazed Honey Walnut Shrimp is a delicious and classic Hong Kong-style recipe. Invented in Hong Kong, the dish soon became famous in the US as well. It’s also a popular dish in many Chinese restaurants. For this recipe, the shrimp are dipped in a batter and fried till crisp. They are then tossed in a rich, creamy sauce and topped with sugar-coated walnuts. You could enjoy this delicious walnut shrimp dish as a snack or serve it with rice for a satisfying meal. The recipe is also great as an appetizer, making it the perfect recipe to try for small family gatherings or home parties.
The Hong Kong version of this dish is lightly battered, whereas this recipe has a heavier and thicker coating for that extra crispy taste. So go ahead and try this recipe and impress your family and friends!
Buy Licious Shrimp
For this yummy walnut shrimp recipe, you can order our cleaned and deveined flower shrimp. These shrimps originate from streams and rivers in Southeast Asia as well as the west and east coast of India. These medium-sized shrimp are a great choice for a variety of recipes like curries, pakoras, salads, or stir-fry recipes. The shrimps come cleaned and deveined, ready to use straight out of the packet.
At Licious, all our seafood is sourced daily from government-approved local fishing boats and delivered fresh to your home in 24 hours! Our seafood is thoroughly cleaned and hygienically packed. Order fresh shrimp from the website and make this easy honey walnut shrimp recipe without hassle!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 20 to 25 cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- Ground black pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Salt - to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, add the sugar and water and bring the mixture to a boil. Add in the walnuts and allow to boil for two minutes. Remove the walnuts and place them on a baking sheet to cool.
- With a paper towel, pat the shrimp dry. Season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and keep aside. In another bowl, add the cornstarch and keep it ready.
- Dip the shrimp in the eggs and then in the cornstarch, coating each piece well.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and drop the shrimp and fry well until golden and crisp. Remove and place on a paper towel.
- In a bowl, add the honey, heavy cream, and mayonnaise and whisk together well. Toss the fried shrimp in the sauce and lightly mix. Serve hot with sugar-coated walnuts. Enjoy!
Order fresh medium-sized flower shrimp from our website to cook this scrumptious glazed honey walnut shrimp recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!