If you like chicken recipes, there is nothing better than Japanese dishes. They make the best versions of this popular dish, including the Yakitori Chicken Recipe. The word ‘Yakitori’ translates to ‘grilled.’ When you visit Japan, the land of the rising sun, you will find the classic chicken skewers being served at every izakaya or Japanese-tapas style pub with beers and more. Yakitoriis so popularthat you may also come across these tasty bites at speciality restaurants serving only Yakitori and nothing else!
Now, the good news for you is that you really don’t need to travel to Japan to try this yummy chicken skewer recipe. Instead, you can easily make an amazing Yakitori Recipe at home, with our special chicken cuts that are perfect for this recipe. Be it chicken mini bites or chicken thighs boneless cut into strips, you can use any of these cuts for the recipe.
Our chicken is humanely raised in restricted bio-security zones and is 100% vegetarian fed. They are also antibiotic residue and hormones free which makes them safe for consumption. Each chicken product undergoes 150+ quality and food safety checks before they are hygienically vacuum-packed to be delivered to you.
So, wait no further and order Licious Chicken Mini Bites or Licious Chicken Thighs Boneless Cut Into Strips online to make your Yakitori Chicken Recipe.
What is Yakitori Chicken With Rice Recipe?
Yakitori is a Japanese recipe that is one of the most loved dishes in the country. It is basically skewered and grilled chicken and is traditionally prepared by using around 30 different parts of chicken including chicken thighs to chicken cartilage. It is first marinated in a series of ingredients including ginger, soy sauce, mirin, garlic, and brown sugar, and then grilled to give a savoury, bitter and sweet taste. It is generally served with salads and hot rice. What’s more?
Preparing or ordering a Yakitori dish in Japan is also a sign of celebrating good news
Master chefs of speciality restaurants in Japan happily take the trouble of sourcing the best chicken breeds for their texture and flavours to prepare the dish
To prepare a traditional Chicken Yakitori Recipe, a series of cutting, skewering, and grilling methods are used from various parts of a chicken including breasts, cartilage, wings, thighs, skins, and livers.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 450 grams of Licious Chicken Thighs Boneless Cut Into Strips or 500of Licious Chicken Mini Bites cut into bite sides
- 10 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 5 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Fresh ground pepper as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Take a deep pot and add soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, water, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, and brown sugar. Whisk all the ingredients properly. In medium heat, bring them to a boil while you keep whisking and the sauce thickens.
- Pour out 1 cup of the sauce into a bowl, add the chicken and mix well. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put them on wooden or metal skewers.
- Drizzle some oil on all sides and preheat a grill over medium heat.
- Add the skewers to the grill and cook for 5 minutes each on all sides. Add the soy mix to every cooked side.
- Cook the soy mixture areas again for 2 minutes by covering the lid. Repeat the same by applying the mixture 2 more times.
- Place the cooked chicken on a plate and garnish them with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve hot with rice!
This is one of the tastiest and most fun Chicken Recipes that you can enjoy making over the weekend with family and friends. Try this recipe and tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.