If you’re on the hunt for recipe ideas to add to your menu for your next luncheon, we have a great recommendation for you. Whip up an easy yet fancy meal by adding Mughlai cuisine to your menu. This article breaks down the recipe for a delicious chicken curry that will have your guests asking for more. Try out this Chicken Akbari Recipe to put your cooking skills to use.
Mughlai cuisine is flavorful and offers a royal dining experience. The Chicken Akbari Curry, made with Indian spices and coconut and cashew paste, is both delicious and easy to prepare.
Making the Akbari Chicken recipe using Licious Chicken Curry Cut
Order the Chicken Curry Cut from Licious to get started with this Akbari Chicken Recipe. It comes in two variants of large and smaller pieces so that you can have your pick! The curry cuts contain juicy and tender pieces of chicken, which are perfect for curries like this one.
Our chickens are raised on government-approved, biosecure farms. They are only given vegetarian feed and are picked at the right size and weight. You can be assured of good quality, tender chicken pieces as they are cut and cleaned by experts. Order the Licious Chicken Curry Cuts and get them delivered right to your doorstep to get started on this tasty Akbari Chicken Recipe.
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 packet Licious Chicken Curry Cut 500 gms
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt or curd
- 50 gms of cashews
- 50 gms of coconut
- 1/2 cup of tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup of onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 pods of green cardamom
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp of mustard oil
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- Salt - to taste
- Give your Licious Chicken Curry Cut a thorough wash, pat it dry and keep it aside.
- Let's start with the masala first. Heat a pan and add the mustard oil to it.
- To it, you can add your whole spices such as cinnamon, pods of cardamom, and cloves. Let them cook for just under a minute.
- Next, add in the 2 green chillies. To that, you can add the finely chopped onions.
- Let this mixture cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp of ginger paste and 1 tbsp of garlic paste to your Chicken Akbari curry and let it cook.
- Next, add your diced tomatoes. If you want to cook the tomatoes faster, you can chop them finely. Season it with salt.
- Add the Licious Chicken Curry Cut to the pan and let them cook until they change their colour.
- To your Chicken Murgh Akbari, add garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric and red chilli powder. Stir this mixture well, making sure that the chicken Akbari is cooked evenly on each side.
- You can now add half a cup of yoghurt to this curry. Cover the pan with a lid.
- In a grinder, add 50 gm of cashews and 50 gm of coconut. Blend this into a fine paste. You can add water to adjust the consistency if you'd like.
- Add this cashew-coconut paste to your pan. This is what gives the Akbari Chicken Recipe its rich, Mughlai taste!
- Add about half a cup of water to this Chicken Akbari Masala and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. And there you have it! Your decadent Chicken Akbari Curry is ready to be served with some hot naan or Rotis.
Make this heavenly Chicken Akbari Recipe to impress your guests at your next party. Order the Chicken Curry Cuts from Licious to get started!