Homemade chicken jalfrezi is your best bet when looking for something easy and delicious to enjoy. It’s the perfect recipe that can be made with simple ingredients for a tasty home meal.
What is Chicken Jalfrezi?
Chicken Jalfrezi is a dish created by the British in India. It was a smart way to use leftovers in the kitchen. It is a flavourful and delicious spicy curry with cubes of juicy chicken cooked in a thick onion and tomato masala gravy. The chicken pieces are cooked with onions and bell peppers for that perfect authentic taste.
How To Make Chicken Jalfrezi?
Chicken Jalfrezi is made by frying onions until they are golden brown. Green chillies, ginger, and garlic are then added to the dish. After a few minutes, tomatoes are added and cooked till they are soft and mushy. When the oil separates, the chicken cubes and spices are added. The ingredients are then sauteed together. Once the chicken is cooked through, cubes of onions and bell peppers are added along with vinegar, soy sauce, and ketchup. The trick is to not overcook bell peppers to retain their flavour and crunch.
Buy Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes
We recommend our Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes to prepare this spicy chicken jalfrezi recipe. Juicy and tender, these pieces are cut from the chicken thigh and leg. With these cuts, you can prepare a wide range of dishes like fry-ups, grills, curries, and roasts.
Licious chickens are raised on biosecure farms. They’re free of antibiotic residue and undergo 150+ safety and quality checks to ensure you get fresh meats delivered to your home. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean, and hygienically vacuum-pack the meat, making it ready to use!
So, order our Licious Chicken Leg Boneless Cubes to make this easy chicken jalfrezi recipe.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 450 grams of chicken cubes
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 5 to 6 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 inch finely chopped ginger
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- tsp ½garam masala
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- tsp ½turmeric powder
- tsp ¼black pepper powder
- tsp ½red chilli powder
- 300 grams pureed tomatoes
- 1 cubed red bell pepper
- 1 cubed green bell pepper
- ½ cubed onion optional
- 1 to 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar or white vinegar
- tbsp ½ketchup
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- cup ¼oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil over medium to high heat in a large pot or pan. Once hot, add in the cumin seeds. Once they start to sizzle, add the onions and sauté until golden. Add ginger and garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the chicken cubes and sauté the pieces until they turn pale. Add turmeric, coriander, Kashmiri chilli, garam masala, black pepper, red chilli powder and salt. Sauté everything together for about one to two minutes until the oil separates.
- Pour in the pureed tomatoes and fry for about five to six minutes until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the bell peppers, cubed onion, green chilli, ketchup, soy sauce, and vinegar. Sauté for about four to five minutes, until the bell peppers are soft but not overcooked. If the gravy is thick, add ¼ cup water and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze in the lime juice. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha, or naan. Enjoy!
Order our fresh chicken leg boneless cubes from our website to cook this delicious chicken jalfrezi recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!