What’s the best appetizer to learn to make and savour with your friends and family? Spicy Chicken Wings Peri Peri!
Who doesn’t love chicken wings? Plus, when it’s Peri Peri Chicken Wings, we’re sure you have already started to drool at the very thought of it! Peri Peri is nothing like other sauces; its spicy, tangy, and smoky flavour makes you lick your fingers and just never stop eating. Read on for a tasty Peri Peri Chicken Wings Recipe you can make any time at home!
Licious Chicken Wings with skin come with a perfect mix of bone-in and meaty cuts that are flavourful and juicy. They are ideal to make a variety of pan-fried and deep-fried dishes, including your favourite Peri Peri Chicken Wings. We offer fresh chicken that is raised in biosecure farms and free from antibiotic residue. The chickens are feed controlled and undergo 150+ quality and food safety checks. They are hygienically cut, cleaned, vacuum-packed and delivered to you.
So, place your order for our premium chicken wings product online from the comfort of your home while you continue reading to find out how to make a Spicy Chicken Wings Peri Peri recipe that istasty and wholesome.
What are Peri Peri Chicken Wings?
Anyone who loves spicy food definitely loves the flavour of peri peri. This is a popular African spice packed with a good amount of heat. The spice has its origins in the African and Portuguese cultures. It is known that the African traders were introduced to the primary ingredient of the peri-peri spice, the bird’s eye chilli pepper, by Christian Portuguese traders in the early 16th century.
How To Make Peri Peri Chicken Wings?
In this article, we will assist you in learning how to make not only the simplest and tastiest spicy and Roasted Chicken Wings Peri Peri but also the peri peri mix from scratch.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 430 grams Licious Chicken Wings with skin
- 2 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp oregano herbs
- 10 green cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1- inch ginger minced
- 4 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- cup ¼olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- Here’s how you can make Spicy Chicken Wings Peri Peri:
- In a bowl, add red chilli flakes, oregano herbs, cardamoms, cinnamon powder, garlic, ginger, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil. Whisk the spices properly.
- In a large bowl, add the Licious chicken wings.
- Pour the spice mix (save a little for basting) over the chicken and nicely massage the mix evenly onto the chicken wings. Marinate for at least 4-5 hours.
- Preheat the oven.
- Take a large baking sheet with a foil layer on the bottom and place them on an oven tray.
- Place the marinated chicken wings and sprinkle oil and pinches of red chilli powder.
- Bake the wings for 20 minutes on one side, turn the wings to baste, and bake for 20 minutes again. Repeat the turning and basting two more times.
- Serve hot with your favourite mayonnaise sauce and salad.
Now that you have learned how to make the best Peri Peri Chicken Wings Recipe, do try this at home and tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.