Packed with flavour, Chicken Tikka Kebabs can be an ideal snack or appetizer. Chicken cubes are marinated in yoghurt, lemon juice and a host of aromatic spices. The cubes are grilled to perfection to give you a smoky taste. Here we share a Chicken Tikka Kebab recipe that you can make at home. Check it out!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 450 Gms Chicken thighs boneless skinless cut into 1.5-2 inch cubes
- ½ cup Greek Yoghurt
- ¾ tbsp ginger grated
- ¾ tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp Kasoori methi
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- Marinated Chicken Cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup red onion cut into 2-inch cubes, layers separated
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper cut into 2-inch cubes
- Take a bowl. Add chicken cubes to it. Then add all the marination ingredients such as Greek yoghurt, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, Kasuri methi and salt. Give the ingredients a good mix and make sure all the cubes are coated well. Let the chicken cubes rest for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated and you are about to grill the cubes, add the onion, and bell pepper cubes to the marinade. Give it a mix.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables alternatively on the skewer. Brush it with some oil. Place the skewers in a grill pan and grill the kebabs for about 7-8 minutes. Turn the skewers occasionally.
You can make chicken tikka bites by shallow frying the cubes in a pan.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Chicken Tikka Kebabs at home? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I marinate the chicken for longer than 30 minutes?
Yes. To get tender chicken, you can marinate it for a few hours.
Can I store the marinated cubes and use them later?
Yes. This recipe can be an ideal one for a weekly prep. You can freeze the marinated tikkas for 3-4 days.