Having midnight cravings for scrumptious food? Prepare a quick bowl of egg rice in just 15 minutes to satiate your hunger pangs. No exotic ingredients needed, just peep into your refrigerator and grab that bowl of leftover rice and a few eggs, and you’re ready to go. To know more, read on!
- 1 cup Basmati rice boiled
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 Spring onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 3-4 Eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper powder to taste
- Heat oil in a wok and add chopped garlic, green chillies and spring onions. Sauté for few seconds and add the eggs. Stir fry for about a minute and scramble it. Add salt and pepper, mix well. Add boiled rice and give it a toss.
- Garnish with spring onion leaves and serve immediately with Soup or Schezwan sauce.
For best results, use refrigerated leftover rice from the last night.
Share your version of this recipe
What ingredients go into your egg rice? Share your version of the recipe with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the right heat to cook egg rice?
Always keep the heat to medium-high or high to get the desired flavour of egg rice. Make sure the rice doesn't burn.
What vegetables can I add to egg rice?
You can add any vegetables of your choice for making egg rice.