Amritsari Chicken Masala is a delicious North Indian dish made in a rich and creamy gravy. This unique dish is flavoured with butter and fresh cream, making it a fantastic recipe to try. Although this dish may sound similar to butter chicken or chicken makhani, it is quite different. Chicken Amritsari Masala is an authentic and popular dish available in most Indian restaurants.
This deliciously rich gravy can be made easily at home as it does not require too many ingredients. Amritsari Chicken Masala is a great recipe for festivals, parties, or family gatherings. It’s a dish best served with roti, or naan. It can also be enjoyed with rice as well. If you’re looking for a quick chicken curry recipe to prepare, make sure to give this yummy dish a try to impress your family and guests.
Here, we show you how to make this quick Amritsari Chicken Masala dish using our easy-to-use Classic Chicken Masala. It’s an easy recipe to try anytime you’re looking for a delicious chicken curry recipe to prepare at home. Make sure to follow the step-by-step recipe below to cook this authentic Amritsari Chicken Masala recipe without hassle. You can serve this dish on its own or add it to your party menu for a grand party spread.
Licious Classic Chicken Masala
The Licious Classic Chicken Masala is part of our range of Licious Meat Masalas – complete spice mixes in themselves that have been chef-crafted, to save you from remembering a long list of ingredients for this family favourite.
Perfect for a special Sunday lunch, the Licious Classic Chicken Masala is inspired by scores of Indian families who crave just the right meal to end the week. Crafted to give your curry a delicious touch, it consists of whole spices such as green cardamom, red chilli, star anise, and bay leaf that have been ground at less than -100℃, ensuring that your Chicken Curry is as flavourful as it can get! And like all things Licious, it has no artificial preservatives, no artificial colours, and no adulterants.
Prepare a classic Chicken Curry at home with the Classic Chicken Masala and serve it with roti, naan, or rice.
Order Licious Classic Chicken Masala online and we’ll deliver it to your doorstep.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Licious Chicken Curry Cut - 500g
- Licious Classic Chicken Masala - 3 tbsp
- Yoghurt - ½ cups
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- tbsp Chopped green chillies - 1
- onions medium-sized, chopped - 2
- Tomato medium-sized, chopped - 3
- Chopped coriander - 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Water as required
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Kasturi methi - ¼ tsp
- 1. Take a mixing bowl, add Licious Chicken Curry Cut, yoghurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, Licious Classic Chicken Masala, and chopped onion and marinate it for 30 mins in a refrigerator.
- 2. Take a pan, heat oil, and sauté tomatoes with some salt and water. Cook until the oil separates. Keep aside.
- 3. In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp butter and sauté marinated chicken. Add little water to deglaze the pan and stir the chicken continuously by adding the required amount of water for 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Add the tomato gravy to the chicken, and mix well. Add a little water, close the lid and cook for about 6–8 minutes on a medium flame.
- 6. Open the lid and increase the flame to high. Add cream, butter, and kasuri methi and cook for another 1 minute.
- 7. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.
Order our Classic Chicken Masala from our website to cook this delicious Amritsari Chicken Masala recipe without hassle. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!