For these Ginger Soy Chicken Skewers, we recommend our Boneless Chicken Breast. However, we have a few other cuts that would work just as well. For instance, our Chicken Tenders.
Just so you know, Licious chicken is sourced from government approved partners and biosecure farms. Our chickens are given vegetarian feed and chosen at the right weight, approximately 1.5 – 1.6kgs.
Furthermore, all our meat & seafood undergoes 150+ safety & quality checks before being approved for sale. The meat is then cut, cleaned & washed in RO purified water by expert meat technicians, sealed using vacuum-pack technology and delivered to your doorstep for the most convenience.
What this means for you is that you can trust the quality and freshness of whatever you order, and you need not do any prep work. Just open the pack and use your meat as is!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast.
- 1 inch fresh root ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed/ smashed
- 5 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tabasco
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 3-4 whole pieces of Star Anise
- 4 tsp refined oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 6 ½ tbsp mayonaisse
- 2 tsp tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp chives/spring onions
- 6 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
Ginger Soy Chicken Ingredients:
Fire House Sauce Ingredients:
- To begin with, soak your wooden skewers in water overnight, this prevents the skewers from burning. If you plan to use metal skewers, you can skip this step.
- For your marinade, combine all the ingredients listed above (Chicken Skewer Ingredients) in a bowl.
- Cut your chicken breasts into thick, finger-length strips. Once cut, add your chicken to the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, skewer your chicken strips. To skewer your chicken correctly, poke the skewer down through one corner, and then up and out from the other side. You can repeat this process until the entire piece is firmly on the skewer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan on the stove and cook on each side for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Et voilà! You’re done with step one.
- For step two, combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a bowl and give it a good mix. Now you’re all set to enjoy a deliciously spicy and mouth-watering treat.
If you enjoy making this mouth-watering recipe click a few photos and share them on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious. We'd love to see your creations and you might just get a chance to be featured on our page. Let us know in the comments how you like this recipe. Happy cooking!