Goodbye to takeout, hello to home cooking!
When cooking any recipe at home, we always tend to compare it to the dishes we’ve eaten at a restaurant, or as takeout. We try to match the consistency of the dish, the colour of the gravy, the texture of the meat, and so on. Many times, when trying to cook these restaurant-like meals, the recipes are too complicated or the dish itself turns out to be completely different.
What if we told you that, we have a full-proof recipe for the creamiest Malai Chicken you have ever tasted? A recipe that gives you a rich, nutty and creamy chicken gravy, without the complicated instructions or hard-to-find ingredients. A soulful dish that tastes just like it was served out of your favourite North Indian restaurant. Yes, that’s right. This Malai Chicken recipe is simple, takes about 30 minutes to cook, and will probably make you forget about the last plate of Malaiwala Chicken you ordered.
Here are some tips to make your Malai Chicken just right!
Which cuts are the best for Malai Chicken?
While there is no hard or fast rule regarding which cuts to use for this Murg Malaiwala Recipe, we would suggest using chunkier pieces for more flavour. If you are going for boneless pieces, boneless chicken breast or boneless chicken thigh would be the best option. Else, you can also opt for chicken drumsticks, for a more rich flavour.
What can you serve with Malai Chicken?
This Malaiwala Chicken pairs well with any Indian flatbread or rice dish. For the ultimate weekend family meal, or if entertaining guests, complement your Malai chicken with Burani Raita, Pulao or Jeera Rice. You can also serve it with Garlic Naan or Roomali Roti.
Weekend only a few days away? Order fresh chicken from Licious and try our recipe for Malai Chicken!
At Licious, we source our chicken from approved biosecure farms. Our chicken is always fresh and contains no hormones or antibiotic residue. To maintain freshness we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4°C at every stage from sourcing to delivery.
Furthermore, the meat is conveniently ready to use straight out of the pack because our expert meat technicians cut & clean it. We have a wide range of boneless cuts on our website which, subject to your location, can be delivered within 90 minutes.
- 500 g Boneless Chicken
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 5 tbsps boiled cashew nut paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2 cardamom pods - powdered
- 2 teaspoon kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves
- 4 teaspoon ghee
- 3 tbsps melted butter for basting
- Take the chicken in a big bowl and add salt and pepper, and mix well. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Soak Kasuri methi leaves in 1/4th cup of water in a small bowl.
- After 2 hours, take the marinated chicken out of the fridge and wait for it to reach room temperature.
- Add garlic, ginger, lemon juice, boiled cashew nut paste, and 2 tablespoons of cream to the chicken and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsps of butter in a small saucepan and melt it. Keep it aside.
- Drop ghee into a separate, heavy-bottomed pan and heat. Add cardamom powder and the marinated chicken pieces and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- For extra creaminess and consistency, regularly baste the chicken with 3 tbsps of melted butter. After 10 minutes, add the cream.
- Let the mixture reach a boil while stirring occasionally. Continue cooking the chicken pieces till you get a semi-thick gravy.
- Strain the soaked methi leaves and sprinkle them in the gravy and stir well. Cook for another minute or two.
- Switch off the gas, cover the dish and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Order fresh chicken from Licious and try our recipe for Malai Chicken now! Let us know in the comments how you liked it. If posting your recipe on Instagram, use #MadeWithLicious. We’d love to see your dish!
It’s an excellent recipient. Works well with malai as well.
We’re so glad you liked our recipe, Ekta!