With Eid around the corner, you may be worried about what you need to include in your menu so that you can stun all your friends and family members. What if we tell you that we have the perfect Ramzan recipe for that? Try it for Iftar, and believe us, you will want to serve it to your guests during your Eid celebration too. The rara gosht recipe is one of the most unique mutton curry recipes out there. It can be termed as one of the Ramzan special dishes. Now, you may wonder how to make this mutton recipe at home. This special North Indian mutton curry recipe is sure to impress all. At Licious, we’ve curated an easy-to-understand mutton rara gosht recipe for you.
What is mutton rara gosht?
The rara gosht mutton is one of the most delicious and mouth-watering mutton dishes in India. It is a popular North Indian dish that has slowly gained success across all of India. What makes the rara gosht recipe different from the other mutton curry recipes is the unique combination of mutton curry cut pieces with mutton keema. This is a one-of-a-kind recipe that makes use of both these cuts of mutton. Due to this, it has an enhanced taste that is different from other mutton keema recipes or mutton curry recipes.
The mutton rara gosht recipe is marinated with a variety of spices that gives it a tantalizing taste. Spices like cloves, javitri, bay leaf, and red chillies are used to give it a rich flavour that will remain with you long after you’ve finished eating it. The mutton rara gosht is perfect for special occasions.
If you’re looking for a Ramzan recipe, you should try this one out!
Mutton Curry Cut and Keema
At Licious, we ensure that premium quality mutton is delivered to you. Our meat is passed through 150+ safety & quality checks. Additionally, the meat is always fresh, never frozen. To achieve this, it is temperature-controlled between 0-4°C. Our mutton is pasture-raised and chosen at the right weight and size for tender meat.
Our curry cut mutton pieces consist of both bone-in and boneless leg, neck, and rib pieces. Our mutton keema is made using boneless leg pieces which are ground to perfection. The mutton is cleaned thoroughly and cut neatly by experts before being vacuum packed to lock in freshness. A combination of both these pieces makes for the rara gosht recipe.
Buy both these types of goat meat from our website.
- 750 gms Mutton curry cut pieces
- 250 gms Mutton mince (keema)
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- Salt - to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 mace blade
- 4 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tsp coriander powder
- 1-2 slit green chillies slit
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 medium onions - chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Dry-roast cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cloves and blade mace in a non-stick pan till fragrant. Remove from heat, cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Put the mutton in a bowl. Add yoghurt, 2 teaspoons ground spice powder, salt and nutmeg powder, mix and set aside to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add onion and sauté till light golden. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Add marinated mutton, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mix and cook till soft and pulpy. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add mutton mince and green chillies, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add 3 cups water, mix, cover and cook on medium heat for 5-7 whistles
- Let the pressure reduce completely, remove the cover, add coriander leaves and mix.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Tips and Tricks
- You can serve it with roti, rice, naan, or kulcha.
- Make raita on the side to complete the meal.
- Leave the marinated mutton for 3-4 hours if time permits.
- During winters, this recipe can be served alongside Bajre ki Roti or Makke ki Roti.
If this instantly made you crave the rara gosht mutton curry recipe, then you should get to work and make this at home. Do not forget to share your amazing pictures with us on Instagram by using #MadeWithLicious and win exciting rewards.