Murgh do pyaza or chicken do pyaza is a rich chicken curry inspired by Persian and Mughal cuisines. A popular Indian dish, it’s a great recipe to try for a Sunday meal. The chicken is cooked in a thick onion and tomato gravy along with spices for a flavourful dish. This dish is best served with naan, roti, or rice.
Do Pyaza refers to the onions used in two different stages, giving the dish its sweet taste. In the first stage, sliced onions are sauteed and cooked with tomatoes and green chillies. In the end, diced onions and bell peppers are fried together and added to the dish.
This dish is quite easy to prepare and can be made within no time at all. It’s a great recipe for the weekends or even parties and family get-togethers.
Here, we show you how to make murgh do pyaza using our classic chicken masala. Make sure to follow the step-by-step recipe below to cook this delicious chicken do pyaza recipe for any occasion.
To cook this meal without hassle, you can leave the chicken to marinate overnight and prep all the ingredients in advance to cook this yummy dish the next day. You can serve this dish on its own with rice or roti or add it to your party menu along with other dishes for a grand spread.
Licious Classic Chicken Masala
The Licious Classic Chicken Masala is part of our range of Licious Meat Masalas – complete spice mixes in themselves that have been chef-crafted, to save you from remembering a long list of ingredients for this family favourite. They are the perfect match to the Licious meats. These masalas have natural tenderisers that help in quick cooking and enhanced cooking experience.
Perfect for a special Sunday lunch, the Licious Classic Chicken Masala is inspired by scores of Indian families who crave just the right meal to end the week. Crafted to give your curry a delicious touch, it consists of whole spices such as green cardamom, red chilli, star anise, and bay leaf that have been ground at less than -100℃, ensuring that your chicken curry is as flavourful as it can get! And like all things Licious, it has no artificial preservatives, no artificial colour, and no adulterants.
Prepare a classic chicken curry at home with the Classic Chicken Masala and serve it with roti, naan, or rice.
Order Licious Classic Chicken Masala online and we’ll deliver it to your doorstep.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- Licious Chicken Curry Cut - 500 grams
- Licious Classic Chicken Masala - 3 tbsp
- Yoghurt - ½ cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies - 1 tbsp
- Sliced onion - 4 medium-sized
- Sliced tomato - 2 medium-sized
- Chopped coriander - 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Water as required
- Diced onions - 1 medium-sized
- Diced capsicum - 1 medium-sized
- 1. Take a mixing bowl, add Licious Chicken Curry Cut, yoghurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, and Licious Classic Chicken Masala and marinate it for 30 mins in a refrigerator.
- 2. Take a pan and heat 4 tbsp of oil and sauté the sliced onions on a medium flame. Once the onions are golden brown, add the tomatoes, green chillies, and salt and sauté until the oil starts to separate.
- 3. Add the chicken and sauté for 6-8 minutes by adding little water to deglaze the pan. Stir the chicken continuously.
- 4. Take a pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil on a high flame and sauté diced onions and green capsicum for 2 mins.
- 5. Add sautéed bell peppers and onions to the chicken, add little water and close the lid for about 6-8 minutes on a medium flame.
- 6. Once done sprinkle coriander and serve.
- Order our Classic Chicken Masala from our website to cook this delicious Murgh do Pyaza recipe.
- Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!