Mutton curry is a rich and delicious dish that’s prepared in a variety of ways. It’s one of the best dishes you could prepare for parties, festivals, or get-togethers with family or friends. From spicy recipes to basic ones, you can find mutton curries to suit every type of palette. To get the best flavour from the mutton, the meat should be slow-cooked. Slow-cooking not only helps to bring out the best flavour and taste but also makes the meat soft, tender and succulent.
Although mutton is a delicious meat, most people avoid cooking it because it’s time-consuming to prepare. So, if you want to enjoy a flavourful mutton curry quickly, try our Classic Meat Masala.
Licious Classic Meat Masala
Our range of meat masalas is brought alive by meat experts through carefully crafted masalas that celebrate authentic flavours, aromas, and tastes. Available in single-use sachets to maintain freshness, these masalas are ground at very cold temperatures using cryogrinding technology, which helps lock-in the aroma and flavour of the spices by maintaining the loss of essential oils. Further, the masalas have natural meat tenderisers, which helps make your cooking process effortless and quick, by reducing the marination time of the meat.
Buy Licious Rich Goat Curry Cut
To cook this delicious mutton curry, try our Licious Rich Goat Curry Cut. The packet contains meat from the loins, ribs, and shoulder. Once thoroughly cleaned, the meat is cut into bite-sized pieces. Perfect for large family gatherings, the meat is fresh and tender. These pieces of meat are firm in texture and taste best when slow-cooked. Since the pieces are rich and have the right quantity of fat, slow cooking helps to bring out the best flavour of the meat. You can use these cuts for pan-fried dishes or curries.
Our goats are pasture-raised on government-approved farms. They are chosen at the right weight and size for tender and succulent meat. The meat is also rested for up to 12 hours before being cut and cleaned. All our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks. Free from hormones, chemicals, or antibiotic residue, our mutton is fresh, never frozen! To maintain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. The goat meat is cut, cleaned, and hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered to your doorstep. You can now enjoy your favourite curry recipes with our fresh goat curry cut!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 500 gms Mutton Curry Cut
- 1 sachet Licious Classic Meat Masala 25 gms
- 1/3 cup curd 80 gms
- 3 tablespoons ginger garlic paste 50 gms
- 5 tablespoons oil 60 gms
- 4 medium-sized sliced onion 400 gms
- 1 tablespoon ghee 15 gms
- 1 inch ginger juliennes
- 5 - 8 gms Chopped Coriander Handful
- salt to taste
- Marinate the mutton with the ginger & garlic paste, curd, and the Licious Classic Meat Masala for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan or a pressure cooker and sauté the sliced onions for roughly 10 minutes, until they are completely cooked and caramelised.
- Add the marinated meat and salt, then sauté on high flame for approximately 5 mins (till the oil starts to separate from the gravy). This is done to sear in the juices of the mutton pieces.
- Add water to get the gravy consistency right. Cover and cook on a low flame till the meat is fully cooked, or if using a pressure cooker for 6-7 whistles.
- Garnish with ginger, coriander, lemon juice, and ghee.
Sauté the mutton with the masala for at least 10 minutes to bring out maximum flavour.
Order our Classic Meat Masala from our website to cook your favourite meat dish. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!