If you’re craving something spicy and flavourful, this Pepper Chicken gravy recipe will leave you wanting more. Made out of herbs and spices straight out of the Indian kitchen, this dish is always a winner at the dinner table.
Pepper chicken is one of those dishes that is a delight to eat with almost anything. Be it roomali rotis, hot butter garlic kulchas, or even ghee rice or jeera rice.
If you’re someone who loves a spicy, meaty dish, this pepper chicken recipe is exactly what you’re looking for. Here’s how you can make it at home from scratch!
What Is Pepper Chicken?
Pepper chicken is a dish of Indian origin. It is a meaty dish with spicy ingredients and herbs that give out a rich, wholesome flavor. The flavor of pepper stands out and is enhanced with other spices depending on the recipe.
What Kind Of Pieces Are Best To Cook Pepper Chicken?
You can cook pepper chicken with boneless and bone-in chicken. However, opting for chicken pieces with bone adds a lot more flavor to your dish. Try the chicken curry cut from Licious for evenly cut pieces and fresh, tender meat. These kinds of cuts will be perfect for your pepper chicken gravy.
What To Serve With Pepper Chicken?
Here’s what you can pair with pepper chicken gravy:
- Butter Garlic Naan/ Kulchas/ Roomali Rotis
- Jeera Rice/ Ghee Rice/ Plain Steamed Rice
If you’re trying these dishes out or giving it a personal touch, click a picture of it and tag Licious on Instagram.
Cook up your Pepper Chicken Gravy with fresh chicken from Licious. Let us know how your dish turned out to be in the comments below. If you post your recipe on social media, hashtag us at #MadeWithLicious. We’d love to see your delicious creations.
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 strands Curry leaves
- 1/4 Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- 3 Medium-Sized Onions Sliced Thinly
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 kg Chicken Curry Cut
- 1/2 Diced Medium-Sized Tomato
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 bunch Curry leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a shallow pan.
- Add fennel seeds and curry leaves. Wait until it sizzles.
- Add grated coconut and chili flakes. Give it a good stir and fry for a minute.
- Add thinly sliced onions with a dash of salt. Saute until onions turn translucent and coconut starts to brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute this on medium flame.
- Saute onions until they become golden. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Simmer and add spice powders - pepper, coriander, and turmeric.
- Fry on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and tomato. Stir and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Take off the lid and garnish with garam masala and curry leaves.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until you see the oil on top.
- Serve pepper chicken gravy with hot butter garlic naans/ kulchas/ roomali rotis for a wholesome, delicious meal.