Hyderabad is celebrated for its royal culinary legacy and food. Be it Hyderabadi biryani, a Hyderabadi mutton curry recipe or any other indulgent delicacy, we cannot get enough of the awe-inspiring aroma and unique rich flavours. Especially for die-hard mutton lovers, it is easier to relish restaurant-styled Hyderabadi mutton curry from the comfort of home with a LiciousRich Goat Curry Cut.
What is Mutton curry Hyderabadi?
Mutton curry Hyderabadi is an indulgent delicacy that is prepared using meticulously chosen ingredients to the right degree. It is a mouth-watering recipe loaded with all things decadent such as tender mutton, aromatic herbs, roasted dry spices, fried onions and more. Mutton Hyderabadi curry is an excellent blend of great ingredients that leave an incredible impression on our minds and palates.
Origin of Hyderabadi mutton masala curry
Mutton curry Hyderabadi originated in the kitchens of the royal Nizams of Hyderabad. It is one of the well-known delicacies from Hyderabad and truly a culinary marvel of Indian Deccani cuisine.
Order rich goat curry cuts from Licious
Licious rich goat curry cuts are succulent, even cuts of juicy and firm-textured goat meat. This fresh and never-frozen goat meat has a rich flavour. Ideal for curries, kebabs, biryanis and beyond, our rich goat cuts perfectly absorb the herbs, spices, and other ingredients. The outcome is a flavourful, aromatic and textured base for the gravy along with tender meat.
At Licious, our goats and lambs are pasture raised and chosen at the right weight and size for tender meat. What’s more, these rich curry cuts are well-rested, cleaned, fat-trimmed, and hygienically vacuum-packed by our expert meat technicians. Additionally, to maintain freshness we ensure constant temperature controls at every stage right up to delivery.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 6 tbsp oil
- 450 gm Licious goat curry cuts
- Salt - to taste
- tsp 1cumin powder
- tsp 2coriander powder
- tsp 1fennel seeds
- 5-6 dried broken red chillies
- cup 1/2scraped coconut
- tbsp 2soaked poppy seeds
- tbsp 2ginger-garlic paste
- 10 Peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- tsp 2ginger-garlic paste
- tsp ¼turmeric powder
- tsp 1Kashmiri chilli powder
- tsp 1red chilli powder
- Add in red chillies, green cardamom pods, cloves, and cinnamon sticks and dry roast for two minutes.
- In a blender, add these ingredients and then grind them into a coarse powder.
- Add tomatoes and onions. Blend again to make a smooth paste.
- Keep this paste aside.
- For the gravy
- In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tbsps oil.
- Add black and green cardamom pods and cloves. Sauté till fragrant.
- Add onions and then sauté lightly.
- Add Licious rich goat curry cut, salt, 1½ cups water, and mix well. Close the cooker lid and then cook for about 25 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsps oil and add Kashmiri chilli powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and dried red chillies. Sauté till fragrant.
- Add ground paste and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rich goat curry cuts.
- Pour ½ cup of water into the mixer jar and swirl it around.
- Pour the mix into the pan and then cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer into a bowl and serve hot with naan or rice.
So, this was our version of Hyderabadi mutton curry. Do share your version of this dish with us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious, we'd love to see your creation.