A blast of spice, paired with the goodness of meat is a delight for every foodie. Whether it’s a family dinner night or a Sunday lunch plan, this dish promises to add the right amount of spice to your dining table. To know more about this Awadhi dish, follow the recipe below.
Buy Rich Goat Curry Cut online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh red meat options for lamb or goat cuts such as goat ribs, lamb legs, soup bones and more! Prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- ¾ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- 500 gms mutton
- 1/3 cup Cooking oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp fresh yoghurt
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Coriander leaves
For the achari masala
For the mutton curry
- Place a large pan on medium-high heat. Add coriander, fennel, cumin, mustard, fenugreek and nigella seeds to it and roast them thoroughly. Switch off the flame and place the pan aside. Once the seeds come back to room temperature, grind them into powder using a mortar and pestle.
- In a blender, add chopped tomatoes, onions and chillies. Grind them until a thick purée is ready.
- Place a pressure cooker on high heat and add oil to it. Once the oil is hot enough, add chopped onions to the pressure cooker. Then, add the mutton pieces and sauté it for five minutes. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and coriander powder and fry it for three minutes on a medium-high flame. Then, add the grounded achari masala and stir. After a minute, add tomato purée and yogurt to the mixture and let it cook for five to seven minutes. Lastly, add water to the cooker and place the lid over it.
- Once the mutton cooks evenly, garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with roti or jeera rice.
Use mustard oil to get the authentic taste of achari gosht.
You can follow the same recipe and make achari chicken just by replacing mutton with chicken.
Share your version of this recipe
Do you cook achari gosht in a different style? We would love to know it. Share your recipe with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use marinated mutton for cooking achari gosht?
Yes, you can use marinated mutton while cooking achari gosht.
Can I add the seeds without grounding them?
No, we recommend grounding the seeds as it enhances the flavour of the dish.