Nothing screams comfort yet mouthwatering like Italian food. A bowl of delicious buttery pasta with nutritious chicken, a few aromatic Italian seasonings, and a flavourful sauce – it’s all there in Chicken Alfredo Pasta.
Alfredo is a super creamy and yummy sauce prepared using Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and butter. There exist myriad adaptations and additions. Interestingly, Alfredo sauce can also be used for coating fettuccine and broccoli. When partnered with Chicken Pasta, it creates a delicious and filling meal.
The Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a famous Italian pasta dish prepared using fresh pasta and chicken pieces coated in butter, vegetables, cream and cheese. When cheese melts and evenly coats the pasta, the Chicken Alfredo Pasta delivers a succulent, rich and creamy cheese taste. It is undoubtedly one of the simplest yet most luscious dishes to prepare at home.
Origin of the Alfredo Chicken Pasta
Alfredo Pasta is named after an Italian restaurant owner, Alfredo di Lelio who owned a restaurant in the 20 century in Rome. This recipe shot to fame when two Hollywood celebrities, Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford, began spreading the word about this dish in their hometown in America after tasting this dish in his restaurant.
Interesting Facts about Alfredo Chicken Pasta
- Alfredo Pasta was an attempt by Alfredo di Lelio to rejuvenate the taste buds of his pregnant wife, who lost her appetite owing to pregnancy.
- Interestingly, he created this Italian dish using just three ingredients: butter, fettuccine and Parmesan cheese.
- In 1943, Alfredo di Lelio continued to keep the rights to the dish name and menu after selling his restaurant.
- In 1950, he opened “Il Vero Alfredo”, a new restaurant in Rome managed by his nephews Ines and Alfredo.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic- minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- tsp dried basil
- Garlic powder to taste
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp pepper and salt
- 500 g Licious Chicken Mini Bites
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp basil dried
- 400 g pasta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese - shredded
- ¼ cup Parsley
- On medium flame, melt butter in a pan.
- Add Licious Chicken Mini Bites and sauté them.
- Season them generously with 2 tsp of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, oregano and garlic powder.
- Now, sauté them for 10 minutes until they turn golden brown or are cooked through. Transfer chicken bites to a plate once they are cooked and set them aside.
- Boil a large pot of water after adding salt to it.
- Add pasta of your choice and then cook until 10-12 minutes (according to packet instructions). Once the pasta turns tender, drain the water and set it aside.
- In the same pan used to cook the chicken, add butter and when it melts, add minced garlic and sauté it.
- Add in half the flour and combine it with the butter well.
- Add the remaining flour and then mix it again.
- Start to add milk a little at a time. Avoid lumps by continuously stirring.
- When the sauce thickens, add salt, pepper, and oregano and stir well.
- Add parmesan cheese. Stir until it melts.
- Take a bowl and add the cooked pasta to it. Then pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Add the chicken pieces and give it a good mix.
- Add extra parmesan cheese and sprinkle fresh parsley over the top and serve.
If you want to savour the most authentic Alfredo Chicken Pasta, there is no better way to prepare it than using fresh chicken. At Licious, our meat technicians cut and clean our boneless Chicken Mini Bites specifically for dishes such as pasta. Additionally, all our chicken is fresh, never frozen and is home-delivered in vacuum-sealed packs for convenience.
So, visit our website today to order. If you enjoyed reading about this recipe give it a try and do let us know in the comments how you enjoyed it. For a chance to win Licious Cash feel free to click a few photos for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious.