Known as a great Indian carp, Catla fish is one of the well-known freshwater fish found in the rivers and lakes of India. Available throughout the year, it is one of the popular fish varieties found in the Indian fish market. Catla fish recipes are one of the tastiest fish preparations that can be made easily in the comfort of your home.
Most Popular Freshwater Fish Species of the Indian Rivers
When talking about popular freshwater fish species of the Indian rivers, the list is quite long. The prominent names include Katla, Mahseer, Vaam, Maghur, and Rohu. Other freshwater fish species of the Indian rivers include Ritha, Pink Perch, Kajuli, Tengra, Tilapia, Catla fish, Pulasa fish, Hilsa fish, Prawn fish.
Catla Fish Nutrition:
Another mainstay of Andhra Pradesh, Bengal, and Bihar, the Catla fish is not as big as the rohu or eaten in as many dishes. However, it is still loaded with plenty of nutrients and tastes best when cooked in mustard oil. While being low in saturated fat, it also has a considerable concentration of protein which is a bonus of Catla Fish Nutrition.
These fatty acids are good fats and do not harm your health. Good fatty acids provide huge health benefits related to the brain, lungs, heart and circulation.
Catla and Its 10 Health Benefits:
Catla is known to offer a range of health benefits. Here are the top 10 health benefits of freshwater Catla:-
- It has Omega 6 to Omega 3fatty acids. It contains Niacin or Vitamin B3 as well.
- Freshwater Fish Catla is believed to help remove cholesterol deposits.
- Catla contains low cholesterol levels.
- It has a low-fat content. It is rich in numerous nutrients such as zinc, potassium, iodine, vitamins, selenium, and Vitamin A.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are said to keep our skin healthy and help prevent skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Freshwater Fish Catla has been known to lower the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- The Omega-3 fatty acids are known to help keep our eyes healthy.
- It is rich in nutrients and retinol. Retinol is a type of vitamin A.
- It is good for the nervous system.
- Some people also believe it guards us against bowel infections.
What are the popular Catla fish recipes?
There are many popular dishes of Catla including fish curry, side dishes, Catla mash, Catla omelette, gravy, and fried Catla. Especially savouring Catla with fresh and hot boiled rice is no less than a mesmeric taste bud experience. When used in combination with aromatic flavoursome ingredients, Catla tastes incredibly mouth-watering.
What kinds of Catla fish cuts are available on Licious?
There are a variety of Catla fishes cuts available on our website. All our fish & seafood is fresh, not frozen, and undergoes 150+ safety & quality checks. Additionally, we source our fish daily and deliver it within 24 hours of being caught. Our expert meat technicians cut, clean, trim and vacuum-pack your orders so you don’t need to worry about prep work.
Order fresh Catla fishes from our website today and enjoy speedy home delivery. Let us know in the comments how you liked this read and found it informative. If you post your recipe on Instagram, do use #MadeWithLicious. We would love to explore your culinary creativity.