Do you love to order Chicken Marsala from a restaurant? Are the ones you order perfectly plated with crispy chicken edges, delicious mushrooms and a luxurious sauce to die for? Well, what if we say that you can make this recipe right in your kitchen any day you want? This sophisticated-looking recipe is pretty simple and therapeutic to prepare. It makes for the perfect weeknight dinner recipe to be enjoyed alone or with family and friends as you sip a glass of red wine.
To make an authentic Chicken Marsala Recipe, you must use fresh chicken breast pieces, which you can get from Licious. We offer fresh chicken that is delivered to your doorstep without hassle. Our chicken is raised in restricted bio-security zones and is free from antibiotic residues. They are 100% vegetarian fed and undergo 150+ quality and food safety checks before being hygienically cleaned, cut and vacuum-packed to be delivered to you.
So, please place your order for our premium product sourced directly from the origin. You can order from us online from the comfort of your home while you continue reading to find out How To Make Chicken Marsala At Home, which is easy, healthy and wholesome.
What is Chicken Marsala?
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-inspired American recipe famous for its rich sauce and tender chicken pieces. It comes in wide varieties wherein people love to add their choice of vegetables such as mushrooms, potatoes and more. All the ingredients are then slowly cooked in one pot, reducing the sauces to get that thick, luxurious taste of juicy yet crispy chicken pieces. As it is prepared using Marsala, you can also experience a nutty flavour from the wine in every bite. What else should you know about making a delicious and Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe?
- It is believed that the dish dates back to the 19th century with English families residing in western Sicily, which is famous for its Marsala wine production
- The use of tender chicken breast pieces in the dish makes it a good source of protein to be enjoyed by health enthusiasts
- The preparation of sauce can vary, and hence, you may see a difference in its colour when you cook one or order from different places
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 4 pieces of Licious Chicken Breast
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup mushroom sliced
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, mix flour, oregano, pepper and salt
- In a deep pan, add butter and melt
- Coat the chicken breast pieces in the flour mixture and place them in the pan carefully
- Pan-fry each side until they turn into a beautiful light brown colour
- Add the sliced mushrooms, followed by wine and sherry, and close the lid to simmer for 10 minutes or till the chicken is cooked
- Garnish with a little more pepper if needed
- Serve hot with spaghetti, noodles, hot rice, pasta or bread
You can also serve it with a bowl of steamed vegetables like beans, cauliflower, zucchini, mashed potatoes, brocolli and carrots among others. Many people also love the Indian Chicken Marsala Recipe version which is basically prepared using the same cooking technique, but it uses plenty of spices such as turmeric, chilli powder, cardamon, cloves, garam masala, coriander and many more. Additionally, the chicken breast pieces are cut in smaller sizes instead of the whole to be enjoyed with hot rice or naan.
Don't forget to try this Easy Chicken Marsala at home and tag us with a picture on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious.