Succulent, quickly prepared, and versatile! These are the three adjectives that best define one of our favourite seafood. Yes, you got it; it is the palatable prawns! The star ingredient in many regional cuisines, you will taste unique flavours in various parts of India.
Chettinad prawn curry is created with fragrant, flavorful, hot Chettinad masala. Kerala prawn fry in which juicy prawns are cooked crisp in coconut oil, crackling curry leaves, burbling mustard seeds, turmeric, chillies, and a splash of lemon. Goa’s distinctive Prawn Vindaloo, infused with vinegar and created with a spicy vindaloo paste consisting of red chillies, whole fragrant spices, and tamarind paste, where the sweetness of the prawn complements the spice levels of the gravy. Also, the Bengali delight – Chingri macher malai curry is a creamy, thick, sweet gravy that will make your dining experience unforgettable. Let’s not forget a major fan favourite, prawn tikka masala.
Every item has a distinct taste, but did you know that the incredibly delectable prawns are quite healthy too? Multiple Prawn health benefits will give you another key reason to savour this delicacy. Discover the many prawn benefits in this article. Moreover, here is the answer to your question of whether prawn is healthy or not.
Is Eating Prawn Healthy For Us?
Prawns are delicious, but they are also good for your health. Prawns provide several health advantages since they are high in crucial nutrients, vitamins, and minerals such as protein, vitamin B6, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and magnesium. Furthermore, this crustacean has made it to the top of the world’s healthiest foods list. Low in fat, high in protein, the list of prawn food benefits goes on and on. Here is a list of 5 notable Indian prawn benefits that might serve as inspiration for your diet.
Top 5 health benefits of prawns
- Nutrient-rich – Calcium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin E, and other vitamins and minerals can be found in prawns. They contain substantial levels of vitamin B12, B6, and niacin. They are also high in iron, which aids in the development of red blood cells.
- Packed with Protein – A high-protein diet keeps you full for longer and helps boost energy levels.
- Prawns are a low-fat protein source. However, they are high in unsaturated fats or good fats.
- A good source of trace minerals – Prawns are an excellent source of trace minerals such as zinc, iodine, and selenium. Iodine is required to sustain thyroid gland function, while zinc and selenium help the immune system.
- Prawns are high in vitamin E, which helps maintain the skin.
If you’re looking for high-quality prawn and do not want to wake up early in the morning to visit the wet market, head over to our website instead. We have both freshwater and seawater prawns that are caught daily and delivered fresh to your doorstep. Additionally, our prawns are passed through 150+ safety & quality checks.
Get sea-white prawn, freshwater prawn, and tiger prawn, all hand-picked, cleaned and deveined by experts. We also have a range of freshly marinated ready-to-cook prawn items like crispy prawn and zaffrani prawn that can be ready within 8 minutes. At Licious, our fish and seafood are stored at a constant temperature of 0-4℃ to retain freshness. Hence your seafood is always fresh and never frozen. It is then hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages.
So, get the fresh prawns online from Licious and get cooking!