While seafood and chicken is a staples for many foodies, everyone knows that mutton is an indulgence. One of the best dishes you can make with it is the delectable Mutton Kakori Kebab. With the help of Licious Goat Mince (Keema), you too can prepare a fantastic dish with this Mutton Kakori Kebab recipe. If you follow this Mutton Kebab recipe, we guarantee that it will turn out to be soft and succulent. But before we get into the actual recipe, here is some interesting trivia about Kakori Kebab.
Origins Of Kakori Kebab
Kakori Kebab is a famous Lucknow speciality made with minced goat meat. The kebabs are incredibly juicy, flavourful and melt-in-your-mouth tender. Kakori Kebab gets its name from the city of Kakori in Uttar Pradesh, where it was first created.
The history of this mutton kebab dates back to the time of the Mughal Empire. It is said that the dish was created by accident when some minced meat fell off a skewer and into the fire. The cooks were so amazed by the flavour of the cooked meat that they decided to make it into a dish. And so, Kakori Kebab was born!
Today, Mutton Kakori is enjoyed by people all over India. It is often served as an appetizer or main course, and pairs well with green chutney or raita.
Why Choose Licious Goat Mince?
Those who cook mutton or have tried their hand at it know that the quality of the meat is everything. It can practically make or break any dish you make with mutton. This is why Licious’s Goat Mince is the perfect candidate for this kebab recipe.
For one, the meat is thoroughly cleaned and minced, ensuring an overall consistency. Secondly, the cut used is a perfect combination of meat and fats. This is vital because the fat is absorbed during cooking, further enhancing the flavours. Lastly, all goats used in our mince are pasture-raised, which means they are well-fed and nurtured before processing.
Therefore, Licious Goat Mince can be used to make a variety of dishes, such as keema curry, mutton cutlets, or even as meatballs in spaghetti. So, with so many advantages, isn’t it the ideal meat for making delectable kebabs? We’ll let you be the judge of that!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 Licious Goat Mince 450 g
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cm ginger grated
- 4 green cardamom pods crushed
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into small pieces
- 2 Bay leaves
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped rose petals fresh or dried
- 3 tablespoons ghee or oil
- In a large bowl, combine the goat mince, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, ginger, green cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Mix well.
- Add the mint leaves and rose petals and mix well again.
- Allow the mixture to marinate for at least 4 hours so that the flavours seep into the meat.
- If you have a grill, shape the minced meat around the skewers before placing them in an oven. Make sure to use a drip tray to absorb the excess juices.
- Allow the mutton to be grilled for approximately 15-20 minutes. For extra juiciness, brush the kebabs with ghee once again and grill for 2 more minutes.
- For pan users, heat some ghee or oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the Kakori kebab mixture and shape them into discs.
- Place them in the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until browned all over. Serve hot with mint yoghurt or chutney. This concludes our delicious kebab recipe using mutton.
If you have ever wondered how to make mutton kebabs at home, then we hope that this recipe has given you all the answers. This Mutton Kakori kebab recipe is the perfect way to enjoy goat mince. The coarse mince gives the kebabs a great texture, and the spices used in the recipe really elevate the flavour. Licious serves the best quality meat and seafood, as our products are thoroughly tested before being packaged. So order a packet of Licious Mutton Mince today and enjoy this Lucknowi delicacy at home.