As schools, colleges, and offices open their doors to offline meetings and classes, it also becomes a major hassle for you to think of the lunch menu every day. With children going to school and employees returning to their offices, it is apparent that you will need delicious new lunchbox specials. This can have you brainstorming about what to make that is fast, easy, delicious and filling.
We at Licious have curated a perfectly healthy besan chilla recipe (gram flour pancakes) that kids and adults will love. The recipe is easy to follow and does not take much time to prepare. So you can comfortably prepare this recipe early in the morning as you leave for your office and your kids leave for school, rest assured that your lunch will be a fulfilling one.
What is Gram Flour Salami Cheela?
The gram flour salami cheela is made with besan (gram flour and it is essentially a savoury pancake. This Indian pancake recipe is slightly spicy and tangy. Instead of maple syrup, it is served with mint chutney. While besan chilla recipes have been passed on from one generation to another in families, our gram flour recipe comes with a twist.
It is quite unheard of that the besan ka chilla recipe features salami. But why not? The salami makes the cheela more filling and adds a meaty twist to the dish. The batter of the besan chilla consists of other vegetables as well. These include onions, tomatoes, green chillies, and coriander leaves.
If you’re looking for a lunchtime recipe that is both delicious and healthy, this is the ideal choice. It blends the goodness of vegetables and chicken perfectly.
Licious Peppery Chicken Salami
At Licious, we deliver ready-to-cook snacks that you can easily use for various recipes. For example, our Peppery Chicken Aalami is ideal for the gram flour salami cheela recipe. Our salami is artisanally batch-crafted, made with fresh meats & ingredients and is never frozen. Our ready-to-cook salami can also be used for pizzas, salads, burgers, or sandwiches. Since the meat is cured, you can eat it without any cooking, however, if you prefer, you can also pan-fry it for a few minutes on each side. The black pepper and red chilli powder seasonings enhance the taste further.
|Prep Time||40 minutes|
- 1 pack Licious Peppery Chicken Salami
- 2 cups gram flour/besan
- 3 green chilli chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large tomato, pulp removed and chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Water (as needed)
- The steps to get the besan chilla recipe right are: Remove the Peppery Chicken Salami and put them on a plate. Warm-up some oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the Peppery Chicken Salami slices to the pan and cook them for not more than 30 seconds on each side. Remove and chop into small pieces once cooled.
- Take a mixing bowl and add 2 cups of besan (gram flour). To create the batter, add water slowly. It should be no thicker than pouring consistency. Make sure it’s not too runny.
- To the batter, add the chopped onion, half the chopped coriander and 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Heat a non-stick tawa or a cast iron pan on medium flame. Melt 1 tsp of butter in the pan and pour in the gram flour batter evenly, with the help of a ladle.
- Cook the cheela on one side until just golden. On the uncooked side, add chopped tomato, salami and the remaining coriander leaves, then flip.
- Cook this side for 2 minutes. Place a cheese slice on top and let it melt, then fold it into a half-moon and enjoy the crisp, cheesy, peppery salami cheela.
- Serving Suggestions Serve with mint chutney on the side. You can also use raita as a side dish with the chilla.
If you found this gram flour salami cheela delicious and mouth-watering, it is worth trying for your special lunchbox recipe. You can share your version with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLicious and stand a chance to win Licious Cash.