Christmas is all about enjoying and celebrating the season with family and friends. It’s a time to let go and relish delicious Christmas dishes with our loved ones. With the season soon approaching, it’s time for gift shopping and preparing those lengthy Christmas menus. From whole roasted chicken, turkey, and lamb dishes, there are a ton of delicious Christmas meat recipes that are all part of celebrations.
This year, let’s try out something different and cook up this scrumptious Navarin of Lamb to add to the Christmas buffet. It’s a yummy and easy recipe to prepare for a Christmas meal to enjoy with family and friends!
What Is Navarin Of Lamb?
Navarin is a comforting French lamb stew made with seasonal vegetables. It’s a delicious recipe that you can prepare for any occasion. The meat is soft, succulent, and juicy. Lamb curry cuts are cooked in a pressure cooker and then seared in a heavy bottom pan. The meat is then cooked along with different vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and celery till done. This recipe is one of the best recipes you could try for a satisfying meal. You could prepare it for a grand celebration or enjoy it on the weekends with family. If you’re looking for a unique recipe this year for Christmas, the Navarin Of Lamb is the best recipe to try!
Buy Licious Lamb Curry Cut
To cook this delicious Navarin of Lamb recipe, try our Licious Lean Lamb Curry Cut. The packet contains a mix of boneless and bone-in pieces of lamb from the leg, shoulder, neck and ribs. This cut has been trimmed carefully by our meat technicians to take off some of the fat, making it the perfect choice for curries.
Our goats are pasture-raised on government-approved farms. They are chosen at the right weight and size for tender and succulent meat. The meat is also rested for up to 12 hours before being cut and cleaned. All our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks. Free from hormones or antibiotic residue, our lamb meat is fresh, never frozen! To maintain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. The lamb meat is hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered to your doorstep.
Navarin of Lamb Recipe Video
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 500 g Licious Lamb Curry Cut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 inch celery
- 2 potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 cup onion paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 litre water
- 8-10 strands of saffron
- Take the water, salt, and Licious Lamb Curry Cut, and cook them in a pressure cooker for 6 whistles.
- Once done, separate the lamb pieces from the stock, and keep them aside.
- Place a heavy bottom pan on medium heat, and heat the olive oil. Add the onion paste along with the rosemary sprig, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the onion starts to turn brown, add garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Next, add butter, and flour. Sauté for 1 minute stirring occasionally until it turns brown.
- Add the cooked lamb pieces, and fry until they get seared. Add the lamb stock to the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes on a low flame.
- Cut potatoes, carrots, and celery roughly. Add to the pot along with the pepper and saffron and cook for another 10 minutes until the potatoes, and carrots get cooked.
- Navarin of lamb is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Order Lamb Curry Cut from our website to cook this delicious Christmas recipe at home. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Merry Christmas!