Soft and tender prawns are a sheer delight on a plate. With so many prawn recipes, it is easy to get confused about which to make. Here we share a simple yet authentic Malvani Prawns Tawa Fry recipe. It is spicy and has the perfect crunchy on the outside and soft on this inside prawns. Check it out below!
Buy Seawater Prawns (Poovalan) online on Licious. Explore our website for a range of other fresh seafood options such as Fish, Prawns and Crabs and prepare your next delicious recipe with Licious!
|Prep Time||35 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 15 prawns peeled & deveined
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste
- 2 tsp Malvani Masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ Onion finely chopped
- 6-7 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tsp Oil
- Coriander for garnishing
- Salt according to taste
- Take the prawns in a mixing bowl. Wash and clean them. Then add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, malvani masala, turmeric powder and salt. Mix the ingredients and marinate the prawns for about 30 minutes.
- Take a pan and add some oil to it. When it is hot enough, fry the prawns in batches. Fry them until the colour changes and the prawns are slightly cooked. Fry all the prawns and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add a little oil. Add the chopped onions and garlic to it. Cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the fried prawns to the pan and mix them with the onion-garlic mixture. Squeeze some lemon juice and serve hot with mint chutney.
You can add semolina or rice flour to give the prawns an extra crispiness.
Share your version of this recipe
How do you make Prawns Tawa Fry at home? What ingredients do you use? Share your version with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pan-grill the prawns?
Yes. Instead of frying, you can also pan-grill the prawns.
Can I add garam masala to this recipe?
Yes. If malvani masala is not available then you can add garam masala.