If you like to eat fish, you probably have specific dishes that you love and crave the most. And let’s make a guess, fish kebabs are probably the chart-topper of your fishy favs! Yes, they are creamy, tangy, and spicy fish grilled to perfection! Indian fish kebabs are likely to please individuals of all ages.
The kebab’s origins may be traced back to various Asian and African cuisines. Kebabs are traditionally eaten with rice and salad in Asian nations but are also available in various forms with bread.
Kebabs are said to have originated in Turkey when warriors grilled portions of fresh meat skewered on swords over open-field fires. Kebabs have found a prominent role in current cuisines with time.
Fish Kebabs: Tips to Know
The best fish to cook kebab recipe includes salmon, seer fish, mahi mahi, and bhetki, and you may also make tuna fish kebabs.
Grilled marinated fish kebab is a simple snack that uses cubed fish fillets. This grilled variant of the kebab is best served with green chutney.
This simple kebab dish is perfect for parties, family gatherings, game evenings, and even birthday celebrations. The Indian best fish kebabs are also suitable for packing in your children’s lunchboxes.
Now, before knowing how to make fish kebab, here are a few tips to get the recipe right:
- The butter in this kebab recipe makes the seer fish moist and flavorful – don’t be concerned about the quantity since part of it drips on the grill.
- By smashing the garlic, you get a lot of garlic flavour in the butter sauce without scorching it on the grill.
- Some tools you may keep handy for this fish kebab recipe: tongs for flipping the fish, a grilling spatula, an oven mitt (for safety!), a saucepan, and a silicone brush for the butter.
How to Make Grilled Marinated Fish: Importance of Raw Material
Although the fish kebabs recipe requires minimum ingredients and is easy to prepare, it is crucial to get fresh, high-quality fish that will become juicy when grilled with herbs and spices.
Moreover, you must have boneless pieces of fresh fish to start with the recipe. So, you know the drill already, right? Now, you don’t have to search for “ fish kebab near me”. Instead, just land on the Licious website and enjoy the convenience of having fresh fish home delivered.
At Licious, our fish is caught daily from approved local fishing boats. The fishes are selected at the right weight, size and colour specifications and go through 150+ quality checks.
The selected fish is cut, cleaned and packed hygienically by experts. Our fish comes without any added chemicals. Our fish is kept at a temperature between 0-4℃ to keep them fresh.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
- Licious Seer Fish - boneless cubes
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic - smashed
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice and a couple of lime wedges for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill and more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 4 smashed garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Simmer for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Remove from heat immediately after adding chopped dill and 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Arrange seer fish cubes on a dish, and brush with ⅓ of the butter sauce.
- Allow the fish cubes to marinate while the grill is heating up.
- Preheat the grill to medium (180°C to 200°C).
- The hot grates should be oiled.
- Place the seer fish cubes on the hot grill.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Carefully flip the fish over.
- Brush with another ⅓ of the butter sauce, then cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the fish cubes to a dish and pour over the remaining ⅓ of the sauce from the pot (if the butter has hardened, heat on the stovetop just until melted).
- Garnish with lemon wedges and dill before serving.
So, what are you waiting for? Order fresh fish from our website and get cooking today! Also, don’t forget to click an image of your creation and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLicious.