From delicious seekh kebabs, tangdi kebab, and chicken shami to fragrant tandoori chicken tikkas, if you love eating chicken, a tray of chicken kebabs would be a delectable treat. Moreover, there are plenty of alternatives, each better than the last!
But what is it about the kebabs that makes them so popular? Perhaps it’s the smokey, char-grilled scent, the melt-in-your-mouth texture, or the flavorful blend of different spices that make them one of the world’s most popular appetisers.
If you like kebabs, you’ve probably heard of Peshawari kebab – a popular dish thought to have originated in Peshawar (now in Pakistan). Peshawari kebabs, a treasure from true Pashtun cuisine, are cooked with minced mutton and are recognised for their chewy texture compared to their Awadhi counterparts.
But did you know there is another exquisite Peshawari kebab – Chicken Peshawari kebab? Read on to learn what is Peshwari Murgh Kebab and how to cook it easily.
Peshawari Chicken Kebab Recipe
Murgh Peshwari Kebab is made with boneless chicken, marinated in an aromatic mix of spices, including red chillies, chat masala, black pepper, garam masala, ginger and garlic, then fried to a luscious, chewy texture that’s amazingly delectable with every bite!
It also has a slight crunch of onion and tangy flavour of lemon that are added to the succulent spice mix. They retain their moisture but also have a distinct taste. Perfect to make appetisers for dinner parties at home to a level higher – these chicken kebabs are an all-time favourite.
And you know what the coolest thing about Peshwari Chicken Kebab is? The dish is not heavy with ingredients, and the technique is minimalistic regarding spices; the kebabs are barbecued on charcoal for that earthy aroma!
How to Make Peshawari Kebabs?
You must prepare this kebab with tender pieces of boneless chicken. Marinating this dish with select spices is another key point to making it perfect. Marination provides the desired texture for this Peshwari Chicken Kebab recipe. Once you get the above points rights, making these incredibly inviting kebabs would be super easy!
Seems tricky? What if we provide you with Chicken Leg – Boneless Cubes? All you have to do is marinate and grill straight out of the package without needing to clean or cut the chicken.
At Licious, our chickens are raised on biosecure farms and selected only at the right weight and size for tender meat. The meat is then passed through 150+ safety & quality checks, after which it is, cut, cleaned and hygienically vacuum-packed by experts.
So, enjoy quick, hassle-free cooking without compromising the quality of meat.
Read the Peshwari Kebab recipe below and plan your treat today!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- Licious Chicken Leg - Boneless Cubes
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Salt - to taste
- 2 teaspoon oil (to deep fry)
- ½ cup hung yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons Mustard Oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Combine the boneless chicken cubes with thefirst marinade ingredients - ginger-garlic mixture, lemon juice, salt, and oil and mix well.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- In a bowl, combine the second marinade ingredients - hung yoghurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and mustard oil and spread it all over the chicken.
- Set aside for two hours in the refrigerator after adding the lemon rind.
- Heat the grill after seasoning it with oil. Cook the chicken cubes for 5 minutes on the prepared grill.
- Baste the cubes with oil and cook for another five minutes, flipping them a few times or until uniformly cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with chaat masala and lemon juice.
So, if you’re hankering for a delicious, juicy chicken kebab order fresh chicken from Licious today and get cooking. If you enjoy making and eating this dish, click a few photos and share them on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash.