Do you know that Georgia considers itself the poultry capital of the world? Although it’s a fun fact, it is indeed true that people over there take their chickens seriously. Not just in Georgia, when it comes to both popularity and diversity, few cuisines can compete with chicken internationally.
From everyone’s beloved butter chicken to chicken tikkas or chicken in Indo-Chinese cuisines – we never grow bored of all these varieties! However, if you are one of those who prefer to experience different flavours, then we have exactly what you need – a herb chicken recipe!
What are the ‘Herbs’ in Herbed Roasted Chicken?
Herbed roasted chicken with steaming hot rice comprises protein-rich chicken cooked with nutrient-rich herbs and served with a soothing bowl of rice. However, not every herb or spice blends perfectly with chicken. Here is a list of herbs that you may use for your herbed chicken recipe:
- Cilantro: Sometimes known as coriander or Chinese parsley, this plant is popular in Indian recipes for its distinctively pleasant flavour.
- Rosemary: This woodsy herb is perfect for preparing for gas or charcoal grilling.
- Thyme: This renowned Mediterranean herb has long been a favourite in chicken dishes because of its delicate perfume and taste.
- Garlic: Technically garlic is a vegetable but people treat it as a herb or spice. Used in almost every chicken recipe, it adds a distinct flavour to the dish making it even more tempting.
- Leeks: They are related to garlic, shallots, chives, and onions. They have a mildly sweet, oniony taste that adds more depth to the Chicken recipes!
You may use the above herbs for a healthy chicken recipe. Once you know the best herbs for cooking chicken, you might wonder, “how to make herb chicken?” So, read on to know the easy way to experience the unique yet pleasurable herb chicken recipe.
Boneless Chicken for Your Herbed Chicken Recipe
To make baked herbed chicken, you must source tender, meaty, boneless chicken thighs. If you like a creamy texture, you may add cashew nut paste apart from adding herbs and spices. Here, we are using fresh herbs for this recipe.
Make sure only to get the fresh chicken to experience the best result. To make your task easier, we at Licious bring you boneless, skinless chicken thighs that have been cut and cleaned by experts so you don’t have to.
Our chickens are sourced from biosecure farms and are passed through 150+ safety & quality checks. Selected at the right weight and size for tender meat, our chicken contains no antibiotic residue or hormones. To ensure freshness at every stage, we maintain constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. Hence your chicken is always fresh, never frozen.
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
- Licious Chicken Thigh - Boneless
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4-5 basil leaves
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 spring thyme
- 1 spring rosemary
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Mustard paste
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 chopped leeks
- 8 cloves of Garlic crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Spread the salt and lemon juice evenly over the chicken pieces. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop fresh basil, coriander leaves and parsley. To the chopped fresh herbs, add fresh thyme and rosemary.
- In a grill pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil. Place the chicken pieces in it and sear both sides before setting it aside to cool. Once cool, create slits in the meat on both sides.
- In a mixing dish, combine the chopped fresh herbs, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard paste.
- Fill the slits on the meat with this filling. Roll the chicken pieces in breadcrumbs, pressing gently so that the breadcrumbs adhere to the meat.
- Arrange the veggies and garlic on a baking sheet. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the veggies.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake at 200℃ for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
So, if you’re hankering for flavourful herbed chicken and rice, order fresh chicken from Licious today and get cooking. If you enjoy making and eating this dish, click a few photos and share them on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash.