Chicken Korma is one such chicken recipe that immediately raises the attention of every chicken lover in India. The generously spiced and flavourful chicken curry looks as gorgeous as it is delicious.
What originated as rich chicken curry with the addition of nuts, clarified butter and lots of spices, there are many versions of the korma ki recipe today that you can come across on the internet.
At Licious, we offer chicken in various cuts and sizes for you to prepare your chicken ki recipe at your convenience. Our chickens are raised on biosecure farms and fed 100% vegetarian feeds.
We maintain the policy of delivering our products to you fresh, therefore to maintain freshness we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. Additionally, all our meats are passed through 150+ safety and quality checks, cleaned by experts and vacuum-sealed in hygienic packs before being delivered to your doorstep.
So, for convenience, order fresh chicken from Licious and use it straight out of the pack with zero prep in your korma recipe.
What is Chicken Korma?
Chicken korma is unlike any ordinary chicken curry because it includes the richness of spices, nuts, fried onions, creams and ghee among other things.
The origin of the chicken korma traces back to the 16th century during the Mughal dynasty in India.
Hailing from Persia, kormas were often prepared in the Mughal kitchens for the royal family.
A murgh korma ki recipe can be mildly spicy or highly spicy, depending upon the region of preparation.
Also, kormas are not restricted to chicken only but can also be prepared with other proteins such as lamb.
In addition, some favourite kormas in India are also made of vegetables only, such as potatoes, beans and carrots.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 500 grams Licious Chicken Curry Cut
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 large onions thinly sliced
- 6 green cardamom pods
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 1- inch piece of cinnamon
- ½ tsp black cumin seeds
- 2 cups Yoghurt whisked
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 drops of rose water essence
- 8 almonds sliced
- 8 cashews diced
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a large and deep pan on high heat.
- Add onions and saute till they are crispy and golden brown. Remove the onions and keep them aside in a closed steel box with kitchen tissue to absorb the excess oil.
- To the remaining oil in the pan, add the cardamom pods, black peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon and black cumin seeds and fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and roast them for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, followed by red chilli powder and salt.
- Cook the ingredients for another 3 minutes or till the chicken changes its colour.
- Add yoghurt and 2 cups of water, cover and cook the chicken for 30 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is done, crush the fried onions and garnish your korma with them.
- Also add rose water essence, fresh coriander leaves, almonds and cashews.
- Serve hot with naan, lachcha paratha, chapatti or steamed basmati rice.
If you try this delicious Korma chicken recipe, don’t forget to share a picture on Instagram tagging us using #MadeWithLicious.