Who doesn’t love Teriyaki Chicken, right? Sweet and sour with an umami flavour that hits the tastebuds, Teriyaki Chicken is a winning dish. Its easy and quick preparation also makes it a favourite dish of many. It is the perfect meal to prepare when you are tired after a long day at work or running errands but are craving restaurant-style Japanese cuisine. The saucy bite-sized chicken with a generous serving of vegetables on the side also makes it a healthy dish to be enjoyed by all.
To prepare a tasty and Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe, it is essential that you use only fresh chicken. At Licious, we offer chicken that is fresh and sourced from approved biosecure farms. Our chicken is never frozen and is completely free of antibiotic residue and hormones. The meat is passed through 150+ quality and safety checks and comes cut and cleaned for convenience. So, think no further and place your order on our website to start your Chicken Teriyaki Recipe.
For an easy and delicious recipe, keep reading below.
What is a Teriyaki Chicken Recipe?
Teriyaki chicken is an Asian-style recipe with Japanese flavours and cooking techniques. It takes only a short while to prepare and is enjoyed by many as a Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. What makes it a healthy meal, you ask? Let us give you a few important reasons:
- When bought from a good source, the chicken gives your body the required protein, which is essential for muscle growth and tissue repair.
- The teriyaki sauce contains a generous amount of ingredients such as ginger and garlic that are known to boost the immune system and promote good health.
- Soy sauce is a rich source of a form of vitamin B3.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp ginger crushed
- 1 cup of water
- 250 grams of Licious Chicken Mini Bites Boneless
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp ginger
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Spring onions chopped
- Vegetables like broccoli carrots and bell peppers (optional)
- Add the soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger to a bowl.
- Add water and mix well.
- Take a large non-stick pan and heat oil.
- Add the chicken mini bites and allow the pieces to cook until slightly brown on each side.
- Take another pan and add 1 cup of water. Once the water comes to a boil, add the vegetables and parboil them. You can add vegetables of your choice.
- Once the chicken pieces are brown, add garlic and ginger and stir well.
- Add the teriyaki sauce you have prepared and stir well. Allow the ingredients to cook in the gravy. Simmer on a low flame until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions.
- Serve hot with a bowl of rice and steamed vegetables. You may season the vegetables with pepper and salt or your choice of seasoning.
You can also turn this recipe into an Easy Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe using the same ingredients and simply baking the chicken. If you enjoy making this recipe, don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with us on Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious.