A quick meal recipe always works wonders, especially for breakfast. They make for the perfect way to kickstart the day on a healthy note. One such recipe is the Arabian delight famously known as Shakshuka. The bright colours with the addition of healthy ingredients make for one delicious meal. Moreover, it is super easy to prepare. Additionally, the use of chilli flakes and paprika gives it a spicy twist to conventional breakfast dishes.
While shakshuka is a dish that heroes eggs, you can give it a twist by adding other choices of proteins. This can be fresh meat or even sausages, nicely diced and topped with tomatoes.
At Licious, we offer a variety of sausages seasoned with different spices and flavours for you to choose from. From smoky oakwood and chorizo to paprika & cheese, they are fresh and made from chicken sourced from government-approved bio-secure farms. Every product bought from Licious undergoes 150+ quality checks and is never frozen.
So, order Licious Chicken Sausages that are available in various flavours today. Our sausages are chef-crafted using gourmet recipes and contain no added artificial preservatives or flavours.
What is Shakshuka?
A simple creation termed the ‘perfect’ dish, Shakshuka is generally an egg dish made with a tomato and bell pepper sauce. It is a popular breakfast recipe that is said to have originated in Tunisia but is enjoyed in the Middle East as well. Its deliciousness also makes it an ideal dish to be enjoyed for lunch and dinner with freshly baked bread, flatbreads, or rice. This recipe also comes with interesting facts that further enhance the beauty of preparing and savouring this dish.
- The word shakshuka originated from the Arabic word which means “shaken” or “all mixed up.”
- The preparation process of a shakshuka recipe is similar to that of the Italian dish called eggs in purgatory.
- It is a healthy dish rich in protein and vitamins due to the presence of eggs and several vegetables.
- It’s a perfect dish for health enthusiasts looking for a quick protein-rich meal to start their day.
- Shakshuka is a versatile dish. Enjoy it with noodles, cheese, cream, potato wedges, and more to enhance flavour.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- Any Licious Frankfurters of your choice cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 Carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 4 Licious Eggs
- Salt as per taste
- fresh coriander finely chopped
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add olive oil
- Add the sausages and cook till they are crisp
- Add onions and saute till they turn translucent
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Saute well till the tomatoes are thick and mashed well
- Add carrots and garlic and cook the ingredients for about two minutes.
- On a low flame, using a spoon, make 4 small holes in the sauce mix
- Crack one whole egg into each hole (Do not mix!)
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper on all the eggs and close the lid
- Allow the ingredients to cook for 8-10 minutes or till the egg whites are cooked well and the yolk remains runny
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with bread, chapatti, rice, or pita bread
Note: Ensure that you use a large serving spoon and slowly scoop out one egg at a time with the sauce under and around each plate. Do not forget to try this Frankfurter Shakshuka Recipe which is healthy, easy, and delicious to be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, make sure that you take a picture ad tag us on Instagram using #MadeWithLicious