Korma is a recipe that originated in Northern India. It’s a dish that appeals to all types of taste palates. Ranging from mild to medium to hot, you can prepare it according to your preference. Chicken korma is one of the best recipes you could make for family get-togethers, parties, or even weekends.
Badami chicken korma is an authentic recipe that is loved by Indians. It is made with tender cuts of chicken that are cooked in a rich and creamy sauce made with yoghurt, fried onions, almonds, and spices. You can serve this delicious chicken korma with either rice, parantha, or naan. It’s a go-to recipe for dinner parties or family occasions. Make sure to follow this recipe step-by-step to cook the perfect Badami chicken korma to impress your family or guests.
Buy Licious Chicken Curry Cut
To cook this authentic chicken korma recipe, try our Licious Chicken Curry Cut. It comes with a mix of white and dark meat. It includes two legs, two breast quarters with a backbone, and two wings without the tip. The meat has a juicy and rich flavour with a smooth, tender, and moderate to firm texture. The package includes both bone-in and boneless curry cut pieces.
Our chicken curry cut is obtained from pasture-raised healthy chickens. All our products go through 150+ safety and quality checks. Free from hormones, chemicals, or antibiotic residue, our chicken is fresh, never frozen! To maintain freshness, we ensure constant temperature controls between 0-4℃. The chicken is cut, cleaned, and hygienically vacuum-packed in tamper-proof packages and delivered to your doorstep. You can now enjoy your favourite curry recipes with our fresh chicken curry cut!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 14 pieces of chicken curry cuts
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- ½ inch Cinnamon
- 12 almonds soaked and peeled
- 4 tbsp Whisked yoghurt
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 green cardamoms whole
- 2 Black Cardamoms whole
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 5 to 6 cloves
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Garam masala powder
- ½ tsp Kewra water optional
- 1/3 cup of cooking oil
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil and add the cinnamon stick and onions. Fry the onions until they are soft and reddish-brown. Transfer to a plate to cool down. Once the onions have cooled down, add them to a mixer jar along with the yoghurt, cinnamon stick, and almonds. Blend the ingredients to a smooth paste.
- In the same pot, add bay leaves, green and black cardamom, peppercorns, and cloves. Once the spices start to sizzle, add in the chicken and fry for about five minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and salt. Cook everything together, adding splashes of water if required.
- Once the masala thickens and starts to leave oil, add the onion puree, and ¼ cup of water and mix.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook until the chicken is done. Add the kewra water and give the gravy a mix. Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha, or naan. Enjoy!
Be careful not to over-brown the onions when frying them. They should be reddish-brown. If you’re looking for a faster way to get things done, you can use pre-fried onions. Almonds are the key ingredient in this dish, so make sure not to skip the almonds. It gives the dish a rich taste and texture. Almonds also add to the creaminess of the korma. The almonds should be soaked for at least four to five hours so that the skins easily peel off. Also, soaking them ensures that the almonds will grind easily. Order our Chicken Curry Cut from our website to cook this scrumptious Badami Chicken Korma recipe. Be sure to take a few pictures for Instagram and tag us using #MadeWithLicious for a chance to win Licious Cash. Enjoy!